Experiment?! [Susanna]

Remembering the drugs that still need to be disposed of, I break off our session and loosen my arms from him, "Sherlock..," I gesture towards the paraphernalia setting on the desk, "Those need to go."

He pulls a frown as we separate from each other, "Now?"

"Now, Sherlock," I reply firmly, but without anger or otherwise, "The sooner, the better."

Sherlock's lips draw a thin line as he eyes the substances, "Susanna..."

"Now." He exhales and steps closer to me, "Sherlock, you have to destroy them or at least dispose of them safely."

"I know," He stops next to the desk and picks up the paraphernalia, "But, um... I had John and Lestrade help me with that already."

"What!?"

"Last Night I had Lestrade come and do a drugs bust while John and I visited every dealer in a four mile radius."

"Then what are those?" He opens up the cigarette box and holds them up to my nose. A muted sweet scent wafts up and I deadpan, "Chocolate cigarettes?!"

I take the black box and the parcel of nicotine patches from him. Instead of finding needles and drugs in the black box, I found an assortment of pens and mechanical pencils. Alcohol wipes were substituted for the nicotine patches. I gape and he almost smirks, "I totally had you, Love."

"So this was all just a prank?" I plant my hands on my hips, "Or was this an experiment of yours?"

Sherlock reclaims the items from me and sighs, "Everything I told you was true, Susanna. Yes. I have had addictions to various drugs, but I've been clean and sober for months. I had John and Lestrade help me yesterday because I wanted to have the drugs gone for good."

"Then why tell me like this?" He clicks.

"That was an experiment on my part. I figured that if I was going to tell you, I might as well create a believable scenario and gauge your reactions."

"And were you satisfied with the results?" He sets the 'props' down on the desk and nods.

"You are an intriguing study, Susanna." He hums, walking to his chair and sitting down, legs crossed. I glower as he returns his gaze to me and cross my arms.

"I'm your girlfriend. Not your guinea pig."

"John is the guinea pig. But I have to experiment with you because I have such little experience with courting."

"So one, you were trying to tell me that you are a former drug addict and two, you set it up as an experiment in order to acquire data from my reactions."

"Yes."

I shake my head and shift my weight to my right foot, "What did you learn, Sherlock?"

"You are an empathetic, patient, forgiving woman, and one that I am very lucky to be courting," I smile and he smirks, "Of course, I already knew that. I just wanted to see if you would still be forgiving when I've obviously made mistakes."

"Sherlock, the only scenarios in which I would not be empathetic and patient would be if one, you cheated on me, two, if you threatened or harmed my friends or family, and three, if you deliberately betrayed my trust," I explain, "I take those very seriously, Sherlock. And while I will probably forgive you, it might not be for you. It might just be for me, so that I can move on." Sherlock sobers and I exhale.

"Noted for future reference."

I simper and walk over to stand in front of him. His eyes travel upwards to meet mine and I smile, "I think we've had enough serious talk for today. Would you agree, Darling?"

Sherlock verbalizes nothing, but his expression says everything. He stretches out his arms towards me and I join him in his chair, settling perpendicular to him with my right side up against his torso and my legs dangling over the armrest. He wraps his arms around me and I rest my head against his neck and my hands on his chest. Once I'm comfortable, he leans his head atop mine.

For being so insistent on keeping up a cold, detached facade, Sherlock is quite a cuddlebug. The thought makes me smile and I take a deep, relaxed breath, drumming a pattern over his heart with my fingers. Sherlock's breathing quickens in response and I smile more.

"My Dopamine level is spiking, Susanna." He says some time later. I chuckle.

"Mine too. The Cuddle Drug must be working." I feel him smile and he lifts his head enough to plant a lingering kiss on my temple.

"Thank you for listening and understanding, Lover mine."

"You're welcome, Darling mine."

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment below! What do you think might happen next? Love you guys!