5. The Pre-Engagement Shopping✔

Nidhi's POV

Ajay has also agreed for our marriage. I am so happy today. I can't believe. I am finally going to marry my crush. I don't know what has happened to me. I am always thinking about Ajay. I have started imagining my future with him. Our future. Our married life. Our kids. Oh God! What am I thinking? What is wrong with me? Kids. Seriously. I have become shameless.

At present, I am at Pacific Mall with my mother for our engagement shopping. We are going through the dresses but I cannot find anything for me to wear. I was highly disappointed and decided to try somewhere else when suddenly my eyes fell on a lehenga. It was turquoise blue in colour and was very beautiful. I fell in love with it instantly. Purchasing the lehenga, we move out to purchase an engagement ring. Suddenly, I receive a call from Rahul.

Rahul - "Hello bhabhi."

"Hello devarji. How are you?"

Rahul - "I am good. How are you? Missing bhai?"

"Rahulllll....

Rahul - "Okay. Okay. Tell me. What are you wearing for engagement?"

"A blue lehenga. Why?"

Rahul - "Which blue?"

"Turquoise blue. But why?"

Rahul - "Just like that. I have to go somewhere. Bye!!!"

He did not let me say something and cut the call immediately. Strange! Why do I feel that he is upto something. 

Setting aside my thoughts, I accompany my mother to select an engagement ring. We start going through the rings but I can't find any. I want something simple and beautiful. After looking for approximately hundred designs, I find what I have been looking for. It was a perfect band of gold with only a single diamond on it. Yes. This will be perfect for my Ajay. 

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Third Person's POV

Mehra Industries, Ajay's Cabin

Ajay was busy working. He was going through the progress details of a project, when Mala and Rahul burst into his cabin. Closing the file, Ajay asks them, "Is it necessary for me to come?" Rahul chuckles and says, "Bhai, it is your engagement. Of course you have to come." Ajay sighs and accompanies them reluctantly to the Ambience Mall. 

Mall

The first instruction which Rahul gave the salesman was, "Show something in turquoise blue." Ajay looked at his brother and gave him a questioning look. Rahul shugged his shoulder and said, "You will look good in it." Though he did not believe it, Ajay focused his attention at the salesman. 

The salesman started showing various outfits but all were rejected by Mala and Rahul. Ajay's participation in the selection was negligible. After about an hour, Rahul found a perfect two-piece suit for his brother. "Did you like it, bhai?" asked Rahul, excitedly. Ajay looked at his brother lovingly and answered, "I did.

The three of them, then moved to find a ring for Nidhi. Here again, Rahul and Mala were taking all the initiative whereas Ajay just sat looking at the rings. He could not understand why he had to take part in all these things. He wanted to go back to his office and focus on the projects but he knew the consequences of doing so. He looked at Rahul's face. He was excited. Ajay smiled at his childishness. He sighed but couldn't do anything.

Half an hour passed but a ring could not be finalized. Ajay was getting irritated now. He was tired of this shopping process. Suddenly, his eyes got stuck on a ring. It was diamond ring in while gold. He could not remove his eyes from the ring. Rahul noticed it and nudged Mala. She smiled and purchased the ring, hoping that Ajay will fall in love with the one who was going to wear it. 

______________________________

A completely new chapter...how is it?

~Purnima