Chapter 27 - Eventually, Someday

Emma and Max made their way to the shower after what took place. She still couldn’t quite describe what had just happened between them. No one said anything for a while until Max finally spoke up.

“Yeah, I definitely think we should shower and press reset. Don’t you?” he said a bit awkwardly.

Emma was still taken aback from his previous persona. “Yeah, I was going to say even before, you kinda stink a bit.”

That broke the tension, and they both laughed.

Lucky for her, the shower was something out of a 5-star hotel. The floors heated up and so did the towels, and the shower was more of a spa. There were two shower heads, one that rains down from the ceiling and another that was detachable. There was also a place to sit if needed inside the shower. Max had a very nice collection of shampoos and lotions, just the right amount and enough to get all the dirty off of them.

“Wow, you weren’t kidding about your shower, Max.”

“I told you. I knew you of all people would like it,” Max replied.

“Well, I think we already lost our clothes along the way. After you, my lady?” Max joked, trying to keep things a bit light.

They started to shower and hold each other, and just bask in their own existence. Emma was both thankful and relieved, realizing they were finally together after what seemed to be an eternity apart.

“Max? Can I ask you something? What was all of that?” Emma conjured up the will to speak up.

“I don’t know, Em. I’ve just been through a lot and the whole dominating thing, it’s not like an S&M thing or fetish I regularly have. I guess I just felt a bit shackled and being told fuck you by the universe. I had a lot of inner turmoil boiling up and it had to materialize somehow. Did I hurt you?” he asked, with an extremely worried expression on his face.

“Hmm...shackled. I know the feeling,” Emma said sarcastically.

“Poor choice of words, sorry. But really, are you okay?” Max interjected.

“Yeah, it was a bit crazy, but I kind of liked you in control like that. Maybe not every day, but definitely interesting. I am a bit sore, but nothing out of the ordinary.”

Max looked over at her appreciatively, staring at her body covered in soap bubbles. The glint in his hazel eyes and his sexy attitude was too much to handle and it gave her a jolt.

Emma looked him up and down with the same thought process and started rubbing soap on his chest and lathering circles around him.

“Em, I would take everything back from before. If you hadn’t shown up today, I would have gone back to Madrid to find you and...and I’m yours. You’re in charge from now on, okay?”

“Oh, so now I’m in charge. Well, does that make you my sexy boy toy then? Can I put a muzzle or collar on you now?” Emma laughed, making light of the kitchen encounter.