002

That statement, it turns out, did not hold true.

The next time Jeon Jeongguk swaggered into the basement club, it was an off day, and the only ones who were technically working were Jimin and Hoseok. Taehyung was only there to escape his own house, dressed in tiny pajama shorts and a big, ripped sweater, his lilac hair messier than usual. The three of them were playing cards, laughing and slightly tipsy, a joint being passed between them. Taehyung had forgotten about Jeon Jeongguk. He had moved on, other issues far more pressing.

Until said boy walked in.

"The prince has returned!" Jimin sang, raising two fingers in a salute. "Unfortunately, your highness, we're the only ones working today. I doubt any of us will fit your exquisite taste."

Taehyung giggled at Jimin's humour, gathering up all the cards and re-shuffling them neatly. While the others were distracted, he slid three cards up his sleeves, always a minx.

When he looked up, he saw Jeongguk's eyes on him, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Can I have him?" he asked lowly. Jimin shook his head.

"TaeTae's off business today, sorry pal. You'd probably just be unsatisfied, anyways," Hoseok interrupted, shifting slightly so that Taehyung was half behind him. Before Taehyung could protest, a playful 'hey, fuck you,' on his lips, Jeongguk was shrugging, his gaze switching over to Hoseok.

"I'll have you, then," he decided. Hoseok snorted.

"Okay."

Half an hour later, Jeongguk was leaving again, his gaze heavy on the back of Taehyung's head.

Hoseok walked out after him, his posture stiff, and Taehyung knew that Jeongguk had rejected Hoseok as well.

"Hey!" Taehyung snapped, half from anger and half from the booze. Jeongguk turned around, eyebrows raised.

"Yes?"

"Why do you keep coming here if you're just gonna treat us like shit?" Taehyung hissed, absolutely seething. Jeongguk made a face as if Taehyung was speaking another language.

"I'm paying you, aren't I? Isn't that all you need?" he said, voice honestly confused. Taehyung let out a harsh laugh.

"Are you kidding? We're people , asshole. Apologize or don't come back," he demanded boldly. Jeongguk was taken aback, eyes wide, staring down at the fluffy lilac-haired boy. He was shorter and skinnier than Jeongguk was, but his face was set in determination and Jeongguk felt interest (and slight admiration) flare inside of him.

"What happened to 'the customer comes first'?" Jeongguk pushed, seeing how far he could poke at the other boy.

"Taehyung," Jimin warned from behind them, voice equally as enraged. Taehyung didn't break away from Jeongguk's gaze.

"Have a nice day, sir , don't come back until you decide that we're worthy of decency," Taehyung snarled, turning away. Jeongguk grabbed his wrist, pulling him back with the same smirk on his face.

"Okay," he decided. "I'll say sorry."

"Really?" Taehyung said aloud, the rage in his voice gone. Jeongguk felt himself actually tempted to laugh .

"Really," he echoed. Taehyung regained his composure, pushing the surprise away.

"I mean, yeah! You better!" He huffed, snatching his wrist back and crossing his arms, feeling a bit ridiculous in his socked feet and pjs while Jeongguk stood in front of him like a Greek god, all sculpted and in a suit. Taehyung was a bit annoyed, to be honest; it felt more like Jeongguk was the hooker.

"...On one condition," Jeongguk finished, making Taehyung groan. He'd heard this before.

"No, you're not getting a freebie," he sighed. Jeongguk shook his head, once again feeling the somewhat foreign urge to chuckle.

"Oh, no, I was planning on paying," Jeongguk chided. Taehyung blinked a few times.

"I... I guess? Just apologize, first," he ordered. Jeongguk's gaze drifted over to Hoseok.

"I would like to formally apologize for offending you in any way," Jeongguk said. "The other one, Jin, as well. Please pass this along to him."

Jimin, Hoseok and Taehyung all gaped, somewhat lost.

"Um, okay, I-" Taehyung began, but Jeongguk cut him off.

"Care to accompany me?" Jeongguk offered, holding his arm out. Taehyung took a step back.

"Woah, woah, I'm off duty right now, remember?" he objected weakly. Jimin decided to cut in then as well.

"Plus, we're not escorts. We work here, that's it," Jimin growled. Both Hoseok and Jimin had taken to hovering beside Taehyung protectively. Jeongguk raised a brow, about to object when his phone interrupted. He checked it quickly, a scowl on his face.

"I'll be back, then," he promised, leaving without so much as a goodbye.

(Taehyung didn't curiously watch his ass as he climbed up the stairs out of the underground club. Nope. Not a chance.)

"What a dickwad!" Jimin screeched the moment the door clanged shut. "Honestly, that fucking rude ass, greasy son of a cock, I am fuming ."

"He's lowkey hot as fuck though," Hoseok interrupted.

"I never said he was ugly, I said he was an actual piece of pretentious trash that gets off by, apparently, walking all over people. What the fuck. Who does that," Jimin continued, mumbling as he tidied up garbage, stomping around. "Moldy croissant-ass bitch, tryin' to take my lil TaeTae away..."

"So, next time he comes, are you actually gonna fuck him?" Hoseok inquired, snatching one of Jimin's cards while he was raging about. Taehyung shrugged, letting his own cards out of his sleeves while Hoseok was distracted.

"Doubt he'll even like me that much," he sighed. Hoseok snorted.

"I doubt he likes anyone that much, to be honest. That kid is so far up his own ass I'm surprised he even needed to come to a place like this," Hoseok quipped. Taehyung nodded, patting Jimin's butt when he walked by.

"Are you playing still?" he asked. Jimin shook his head.

"Hoseok probably took my good cards, anyways," he grumbled. Hoseok blinked a few times, feigning innocence.

"Me? Why would you ever-"

"No, fuck you, I'm taking a nap. Wake me up if we get a customer," Jimin huffed. Hoseok pouted while Taehyung giggled.

And, once again, the thought of Jeon Jeongguk was pushed out of Taehyung's mind.