015

"We should go out! Do something together," Taehyung suggested excitedly. Jeongguk raised an eyebrow.

"Like a date?"

"No, I, uh, but, you know, like. Casual?" Taehyung stammered, his face going red. Jeongguk laughed, ruffling his hair as he went out the door.

"Sure, Tae, sounds good. Tonight, then? How about we just go out for dinner? There's this nice place-" Jeongguk offered. Taehyung's mouth gaped.

"I mean, I. Don't do fancy places. Like. I don't even own a suit, Guk," Taehyung whined . Jeonguk laughed, leaning down to kiss his neck gently, the contrast between them almost comical; Jeongguk, dressed to go to work in a sophisticated suit, hair parted and gelled nicely, compared with Taehyung, lavender hair tousled and wearing an old, cut up band t-shirt.

"That's okay, we can go wherever you like," Jeongguk hummed. Taehyung giggled, squirming when Jeongguk's fingers ghosted over his ribcage.

"My places are not... ah... not very... fuck, they're shit," Taehyung snorted. Jeongguk made a soft noise.

"If you like it, then I like it," Jeongguk decided. He pulled back, smiling so tenderly that Taehyung's heart fluttered uncomfortably.

"Bullshit, but okay," Taehyung laughed. Jeongguk chuckled as well, pulling away from Taehyung.

"I'm going to love it, okay? Make reservations for tonight," Jeongguk said. Taehyung burst out laughing. Jeonguk stared in confusion.

"I was talking about going to the diner Jimin works at, babe. You don't need reservations," he giggled. Jeongguk blinked a few times.

"Oh, well. Okay. I'll see you later," Jeongguk smiled, kissing Taehyung's forehead one last time before leaving.

Thankfully, he didn't have to work late, so at 5 sharp Jeongguk was returning home. Dressed in a suit.

"Guk, oh my god, you can just wear normal clothes," Taehyung laughed. Jeongguk frowned. Taehyung stared at him. "Please tell me you own something other than suits."

"Of course I do!" Jeongguk huffed, twirling around to get changed. Taehyung slapped his butt playfully, laughing again at the squeak Jeongguk made.

Ten minutes later they were heading out, Jeongguk dressed much more casually, hands clasped together gently. Jeongguk was obviously worried, looking over his shoulder almost constantly. Taehyung tried his best to distract him, chatting animatedly and pointing out things in his area that Jeongguk hardly ever stopped to look at.

"See that laundromat? There's an old lady named Elma who lives upstairs. She has five cats, Jeongguk. Five. I aspire to be like Elma. Running her own business, five cats to keep her company," Taehyung sighed. "She forgets my name every time I go there, though." Jeongguk was smiling down at him, watching his hair bounce with every step, eyes flickering from place to place quicker than Jeongguk could keep up.

Eventually, they made their way to the diner, cheeks rosy.

"Jimin!" Taehyung sang as they walked in. Jimin smiled at them, eyes crinkling into crescents. The smile fell from his face the minute his eyes found Jeongguk, and a frown replaced it when he saw their clasped hands. Ignoring Jeongguk completely, Jimin plastered another smile onto his face for Taehyung, leading them to a table while the two of them discussed random things.