005

The next time Jeongguk visited was much less enjoyable (emotionally, at least). He stormed in, brooding and silent, refusing to give more than one-word answers.

Soon enough, he was getting ready to leave again, tying up his tie in the mirror.

"Are you gonna tell me what crawled up your ass and died?" Taehyung sighed, throwing on a long-sleeved shirt big enough to be used as a dress. Jeongguk didn't answer.

" 'Wow, Taehyung, thank you for being so kind and letting me enter you to relieve my own internal angst. You did a great job. Keep up the great work. Proud of you,' " Taehyung mocked in a higher-pitched voice. Then, in his own deep rumble, he muttered, "thanks, Jeongguk. It means a lot, really."

"Do you ever shut up?" Jeongguk growled. Taehyung shrugged.

"Not really, it'd probably be easier for you to just tell me what's going on with you," he teased. Jeongguk was gritting his teeth, the tie not tying properly.

"And why do you think I'd ever tell you anything? You're a fucking hooker , not a therapist. Quit sticking your nose where it doesn't belong," Jeongguk snapped. Taehyung flinched, staring at Jeongguk with wide eyes for a moment before letting out a laugh.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry. I'll go. Feel better, Jeongguk," Taehyung murmured, letting himself out. Jeongguk sat down on the bed, head in his hands, feeling like an asshole.

"Shit," he sighed, biting on his tongue. Intent on apologizing, he followed after where Taehyung disappeared, tie still askew. He found the small boy with the chubby cheeks instead.

"Where did Taehyung go?" Jeongguk asked. The boy glared.

"Why should I tell you? My precious cinnamon roll looked upset, and I'd like to know why," he growled.

"I- I was a dick, and I wanted to apologize," Jeongguk admitted, scratching at his neck. The boy narrowed his eyes.

"I want to know why you like Taehyung so much," he demanded, crossing his arms and pouting. "Cause Tae's had a bad experience with fancy rich guys. He doesn't need to relive it with you ."

Jeongguk tipped his head back, heaving out an annoyed sigh. He couldn't tell the truth in this situation, about how Taehyung looked like purity in this fucked up world, how Jeongguk had seen him before, smiling gently at a bar at three a.m, back when Jeongguk wasn't famous, after a bad breakup. Taehyung had cheered him up, gave him a few free drinks. He wondered, idly, how Taehyung had ended up working as a hooker in those few years, someone so kind and gentle and utterly pure. Seeing him again, after all that time, made Jeongguk simply curious. Taehyung's charms and attitude had piqued his interest.

"He has a nice ass," Jeongguk chose to respond.

"Ugh, oh my God, you're horrible. Go find him yourself, he's probably out back," Jimin groaned, something else grabbing his attention. Jeongguk smirked, continuing on his way.

Quiet sniffles lead him to where Taehyung hid in the dim alleyway behind the building, the older man shivering in his thin shirt and newly-put-on shorts. He was crouched down, arms wrapped around his knees, head turned towards the ground.

"You're going to get sick," Jeongguk sighed, making Taehyung jump. He wiped at his face, putting on a weak smile.

"O-Oh, what are you-"

"I'm a dick. Sorry," Jeongguk said curtly, not a fan of apologies. Taehyung shook his head.

"No, I pried. I get it, I do that a lot, and it wasn't my place. I'm sorry. You came here for my body, not for me to nag at you-" Taehyung rambled, not looking at Jeongguk.

"Hey, no, don't say that. I-" Jeongguk groaned, crouching down beside Taehyung. "I got rejected from another movie, okay? Directors won't hire me because of, like, the rumours or whatever."

"Oh," Taehyung said again, obviously unsure of what to do. Jeongguk wasn't looking at him anymore, rubbing his hands together to warm them.

"That's bull," Taehyung said suddenly, prompting Jeongguk's eyes back to his face. "Is that something to mope about? You're Jeon Jeongguk . Eventually you'll get a part, since you're honestly so stupidly famous that people'll be at your feet in no time." Jeongguk blinked a few times, opening and closing his mouth twice.

"Oh," was all he managed to say, stealing Taehyung's line.

"Yeah," Taehyung responded awkwardly. There was some more loud silence before Taehyung stood up, grinning lopsidedly and wiping the remaining sweat from his forehead. Jeongguk didn't know how he was still sweaty, considering the crisp air blowing their hair around, yet there he was, looking like a post-sex god, practically glowing.

"I need a shower. Care to join me for round two?"