008

"So you're telling me that he means nothing to you," Yoongi sighed, rubbing his forehead and staring at Taehyung. Jeongguk grit his teeth, also watching the boy lying in his bed, surrounded by plush pillows. Yoongi had somehow managed to get ahold of proper equipment, hooking Taehyung up so that they could monitor his health. Taehyung looked so small, lying in Jeongguk's bed, still slightly dirty and so unlike the beautiful, brave boy he'd become infatuated with. He'd observed Taehyung throughout the whole ride to his house, ignoring Yoongi's questions.

"He's just... He's..." Jeongguk stammered, not really knowing what Taehyung was to him. Yoongi rolled his eyes, sitting down on the chair in the corner of the room.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened to him?" Yoongi questioned, voice impatient. Jeongguk sat down beside Taehyung's legs, hand resting on one of his knees.

"He... overdosed. I didn't even know he... I didn't think... That's why I called you, you..." Jeongguk trailed off again. Yoongi's face softened, a bit from Jeongguk's confession about Taehyung and a bit from Jeongguk's tired state. The rush of adrenaline and panic that came with seeing Taehyung so hurt was passing, leaving him exhausted and worried. A big part of him didn't want to leave Taehyung, and the other part was asking why he was actually concerned. Yoongi, thankfully, interrupted Jeongguk's thoughts.

"Sleep, yeah? I'll watch over him, make sure he doesn't die," Yoongi reassured. Jeongguk nodded, not even changing before he was flopping into his bed and dozing off.