016

Taehyung woke up alone, Jeongguk gone to work. He smiled to himself, feeling all the pleasant aches in his body, opening his phone with a yawn as he got up.

Walking around the bedroom looking for clothes, Taehyung frowned. Jeongguk's clothes were gone. Not even a trace of him was left.

Taehyung peeked his head in the bathroom, noticing that his usual toothbrush wasn't there either. Worried, Taehyung opened his phone to four messages from Yoongi.

Shit, kid, don't talk to Jeongguk right now.

Fuck fuck kid you guys are fucked.

Whatever he says, he doesn't mean it.

The last message was a link to an article. Taehyung opened it up and nearly dropped his phone at the headline.

Superstar Jeon Jeongguk Spotted On Date With A Man.

As Taehyung read on, dread began to pool in his stomach. The article was harsh, the comments even more so, crude jabs at Taehyung and snide remarks about Jeongguk. The picture was from last night, Taehyung leaning over to feed Jeongguk a fry, their faces too close to be considered friendly. There was also a blurry video of them walking back to Taehyung's house, bumping shoulders and leaning in for kisses occasionally. Taehyung felt dizzy, like he was about to puke, hands trembling as he started calling the familiar number, one that had found the top place on his phone.

"Jeongguk? I saw the-" Taehyung began, voice trembling and an apology on his lips. He was expecting a soft reassurance from Jeongguk, maybe a light scolding for taking him to a public place.

"Good. So you're aware that we can't speak anymore?" Jeongguk said coldly. Taehyung froze, breath catching in his throat uncomfortably.

"What?" he choked, unbelieving. He thought back to every time Jeongguk had held him, had helped him heal. They'd had such a nice time last night, Taehyung was still blissed out. "I thought-"

"Yeah, well, you're an idiot," Jeongguk snapped. Taehyung was too shocked to feel anything other than anger. He laughed bitterly, borderline hysterically, cutting off Jeongguk when he tried to speak again.

"So the whole thing was a lie, huh? Fucking figures, you're too high end for me, right?" Taehyung asked, voice dripping menace. Jeongguk snorted, voice equally as harsh.

"Wow, you caught on! You may be naive as shit, but you've got a great body. I was fucking thrilled when you started letting me use it for free," Jeongguk snarled. Taehyung's heart had stopped, at that point, the anger fizzling away to bitter disappointment as Jeongguk went on. "Goddamn, I was planning on cutting this short soon anyways."

"I thought you were different, Guk," he whispered, voice shaking. There was silence on the other end, as if Jeongguk noticed his change in voice. "I thought you..."

"You thought I was in love with you? I'm fucking famous, Taehyung. You're nobody," Jeongguk sneered. Taehyung didn't say anything, afraid his voice would break as much as his heart was.

"Delete my number," Jeongguk muttered, hanging up the call and leaving Taehyung alone.

Alone. That's what he was. Alone, alone, alone.