6: The Invisible Ties

He reversed their positions as she continued to moan his name. He knew that he should probably tell her that what they're doing was no longer part of the ritual because strictly speaking, the ritual started when he transformed and ended when he bit her. But he loved hearing her needy mewls too much and he did not want to interrupt it by talking.

"Mikael...Mikael..." she softly chanted closing her eyes. "Mikael..."

He felt his fingers tingle as his nails elongated to form claws.

What the...am I transforming again...?

He looked warily at his wife suddenly worried for her. His beast form wasn't really urbane – clumsy, uncommunicative, and hot-headed were the words to describe it.

How did this happen—?

He was surprised when he realized that his thoughts were still coherent.

Unlike his brother and father who have complete control of their beasts, his transformation felt more of a take-over and he would usually blackout when his beast emerges.

Until that moment.

"Gabrielle..." he heard himself say his voice deeper than his normal one.

His wife's eyes flew open and she looked at him, her expression devoid of the fear that he had expected.

"Ano 'yun...?" she asked.

"Akin ka lang..."

She smiled. "Akin ka lang din..."

His gaze dropped to the wound that had closed on her neck and as if reading his thoughts, she tilted her head to the side in invitation.

He moaned needily before sinking his fangs into her flesh as he drank her blood for the second time.

He wandered briefly if it was normal to drink his wife's blood twice but the scent beckoned to him and he was powerless against its call.

He wasn't certain what drove him to do it but he drew a thin cut on his neck with his claw then guided Gabriel's head towards it.

Without hesitation, she clamped her mouth on his flesh then drank.

He growled in appreciation driving into her while glorying in the sensation of his mate imbibing his blood.

She screamed as her orgasm came and he was surprised for the second time when he transformed back to his human form before he reached his peak.

They lay spent in each other's arms and afraid of crushing her with his weight, he got off her to lie on his back before he gently draped her pliant body over his.

"Are you okay?" he whispered into her ear.

"Teka lang..."

He kissed the top of her head holding her tightly against him until she was able to catch her breath.

"May ritwal pa ba pagkatapos nito...?" she asked.

He couldn't help but laugh. "Bakit, ayaw mo na?"

"Hindi naman...pero, gusto ko lang malaman kung hanggang kailan natin 'to gagawin..."

"May aaminin ako at sana h'wag kang magalit..."

"Ano?"

"Minsan lang ang ritwal. It was the first time we did it. What we did just now is no longer part of the ritual..."

"Ahh..."

"Are you mad?"

"Hindi."

"Sigurado ka? Ayokong gawin natin 'yun kung ayaw mo. Ayokong maging isang obligasyon 'yun sa pagitan nating dalawa. Kung gusto ko pero ayaw mo ay sabihin mo lang..."