7: Seherden Sonra

She knew that it was just a dream because she wouldn't be as brave or as stupid to get inside a dark cave alone had she been awake.

Nananaginip ka, Gabriel, kailangan mong gumising...she thought to herself as she blindly groped the walls hoping it would take her to an exit.

The ground was muddy and uneven and she slipped and fell countless times.

Nasaan ako? she quietly asked herself too afraid to stop walking. She felt relieved when she heard the sound of gushing water and her steps quickened towards it.

Prinsesa...she heard a disembodied voice call out. Prinsesa...

She ran.

H'wag kang tumakbo, Prinsesa, hindi ka rin naman makakawala...

Gabrielle screamed in fear as the ground gave way beneath her and she fell down an endless, dark pit while someone maniacally laughed.

"I'm here..." Mikael said confused as to why his beast was trying to surface. "Gabrielle, I'm here..." he repeated.

His wife opened her eyes.

"Nananginip ka..." he told her. "You're with me, okay? You're safe with me."

She nodded before she strained closer towards him then promptly fell back asleep.

He sensed that something wasn't right; that somehow something had changed. But he looked around the bedroom and nothing seemed amiss.

Imposible rin namang may ibang makakapasok rito. The palace is well-guarded.

He reflexively tightened his arms around his wife choosing not to go back to sleep to watch over her.

She looked so peaceful while she slept and his heart ached with pride.

Hindi ka man lang nagpakita ng takot n'ung lumabas ang totoo kong anyo. You are braver than I thought...

He didn't know for how long he had been watching her and he was amused when hours later she opened her eyes and blushed a furious red when she found him looking.

"Good morning," he greeted.

"G-good morning..." she said covering her bare chest with one of her arms.

"O, bakit parang nahihiya ka sa akin ngayon?" he asked smiling. "Namumula ka na..."

"Hindi lang ako sanay...na magising 'tapos..."

"Tapos may lalaking nakahubad na nanunuod sa'yo?"

She blushed some more.

"Na-miss kita...I have been waiting for you to wake up for hours..."

She finally smiled throwing her arms around his neck. "Dapat ginising mo ako..."

"Gusto ko kasing makapagpahinga ka..."

"Eh, paano 'yan, na-miss mo ako tuloy..."

"I'm willing to sacrifice my own yearnings for your comfort," he declared. "Halika na, maligo na tayo para makapag-agahan ka. I was worried last night kasi nabanggit mong nagugutom ka. I shouldn't have been so thoughtless at sana pinakain na muna kita bago pinatulog."

"Hindi ko alam pero parang nawala 'yung gutom ko kagabi. Baka nga nerbiyos lang 'yun," she said as he got off the bed naked.

She immediately averted her face.

"Gabrielle, halika na, let's take a bath."

"Nang sabay?" she asked without looking at him.

"Bakit hindi? We're married. We should do things together."