4: Makeover

Dark Mates

4: Makeover

Vikki

“All of you are clueless upon why you are here,” I said, my Prada heels clicking against the marble floor as I walked around the five young adults. They all looked confused at why they were called up five AM in a Saturday morning – Saturdays were the only days for the people to rest here; Saturdays meant no training.

“Rosea,” Seth called out. The blonde stood up, and I frowned. A pair of Ray Bans was sitting on her nose. I stood forward to her, so close that the tips of our noses were only an inch away from touching.

“Take off your glasses, I want to see your eyes” I ordered, putting enough authority in my voice to make her obey me. When she showed no reaction and just stood there, her body posture slumped lazily, I clenched my jaw and stared straight within her shades.

Obey, I thought. She didn’t even move a muscle. I hissed and swiped away the sunglasses from her face. Her face turned to the left from the impact and I smiled smugly at her. She rolled her eyes and sneered at me before crossing her arm around her chest.

“I’m having a hangover. Get me some Aspirin,” She said. A girl came from behind her and passed her the pill and a glass of water. She roughly grabbed it and gulped down the pill. I felt my hatred for her burn hotter.

“Look, kid, I don’t care if you’re a spoilt brat-”

“Shh,” She placed a finger to her lips as she tossed me a lazy smirk. “Hangover here, remember?”

I growled. “Listen, you better do what I tell you to and work with me here, or, I promise you, you wouldn’t have a good ending to this,” I said.

“How about you listen,” She took a step forward, and sized me up. “I’m not ‘working’,” She used her index fingers to quote my words, “with you. I’m not the employee; you are. So you better keep up with me, or you can just leave if you don’t feel like putting up with my stuff.”

I was loss for words, she was right. She gave me a smug smirk that I terribly wanted to slap off her face.

“Anyways,” Seth coughed awkwardly as I stepped away from Rosea and continued examine the people that I was working with. “Rosea, you know very well about this mission, as you are the leader of it. Well, guys, you all will be going on a mission to the centre of Alfea and overthrow the vampire rulers.” Whispers were shared between the five, excluding the brat. “And I am sure all of you are well prepped and fit for this, as this mission is what most of you have been training for. But other than that, you guys need to learn something else.”

Seth nodded at me and I nodded back before stepping back so that everyone was in my sight.

“Hi everyone,” I greeted quickly before tucking my hands into the pocket of my jeans. “I am Nikki Palmer, ex-secret agent, and I am known as the trainer for most spies that are up for challenging missions. This week, I will be helping you with that. I hope all of you cooperate with me,” I scowled at Rosea, who, in turn, just rolled her eyes at me, “because if you don’t, and learn, you will be the cause to the falling of your team, and if you don’t, I suggest you do, unless you want to go on a suicide mission.”

“Now, other than fighting, you guys need a new look so that you all may have an undercover. We’re not learning how to be the best fighters today, and you may find this a bit useless as a skill, but today I am giving out fashion tips.”

The redhead – Dahlia – grinned cheerfully and clapped her hands together in a giggly manner at the mention of fashion. I refrained myself from losing my temper for the second time of the day – how could a girl like her could end up going for a mission like this.