23|

A heavy sigh escaped her lips and he could tell she was frowning. "You're worried," he made it a statement. "You're frowning, " he enlightened when she only murmured a noncommittal sound.

"I'm just confused."

"About?" he asked, but he knew exactly what she would be worried about and it occured to him just how ridiculous his question was.

"Everything."

She turned into him. Her fingers traced a line down the middle of his face, from his forehead to his chin, he definitely had a beautiful profile. She leaned into him and pressed a kiss to his throat.

"Is it safe to say that if I find something pleasurable, then so would you?" She asked timidly looked at him through he lashes.

He nodded clamly but on the inside he was all but jumping out of his skin.

She placed a kiss at the corner of his mouth trailing down his neck.

Her hands were unsure but intent. When her hands encircled the length of him a groan forced it's way past his lips. There was wonder in her eyes as she continued her exploration and when her mouth enveloped him he fisted his hands in her hair.

"If you don't stop now," he ground out hoarsely, "this will be over a lot sooner than you might want."

She didn't stop, in fact she doubled her effort, suckling harder. His hips involuntarily thrusted up

"Millie," he pleaded.

She looked up at him through the veil of her lashes a sly smile on her face. She rose to her knees and gently tugged on the hem of her t-shirt pulling it overher head. His heated gaze trailed every inch of her, from her pink tipped breasts to the flat expanse of her stomach before rising again to her face. She was flushed with her dark hair spilling around her shoulders.

Theo trailed a finger down the column of her neck, teasing a sound between a gasped and a groan from her.

He reversed their positions easily, his hips frantic as he took control carrying her over the precipice of pleasure.

He was still protecting her she thought as she walked the halls of the boarding house. She was a little annoyed at that but more, she felt loved. The place was completely thrashed but more so was the massacre in the living room. Millie felt her heart break and tears rushed to her eyes. She was the one responsible for this.

The vial burned hot against her thigh.

She hadnt known how to tell them, so she just didnt. She made love to Theo that night as a final goodbye which was more for her really than for him. Tears ran hotly down her cheeks, she didnt want to but she had to. Isabel was right; there was really no other choice.

"Millie no!"

She thought that shed have more time before he realized she was gone. She tipped her head back and emptied the liquid into her mouth. There was no taste really, the poison spreading quickly leaving her lightheaded. Theo Teleported and caught her in his arms, cradling her limp body close to him. She felt cold. Her face and neck already showing signs of the black webbed veins and fear knotted itself in his stomach.

"Baby what did you do?"

Her fingertips traced the line of his lower lip. "How is it that when I finally found something to live for I have to leave?"

"You dont have to. I can fix th—"

"Promise me," she cut him off, swallowing hard. "Promise me that you wont let him live. Promise me that youll kill him."

"Millie," he croaked out, tears gathering in his eyes "Don't leave me."

"I didn't want to," she breathed out her body going lax and heavy "But I had to. This was the only way."

Theo held her in his arms, tears clouding his vision. He wasn't going to lose her. He couldn't. This time he didnt care about anything but saving her.

"I've never said it aloud before, have I?"

"Said what?"

Her smile was soft, holding a secret. 'That, I Love You."

"Don't do this to me. Let me help you. "

"You can. Save Me. Kill him."

Light danced on her skin like sparklers. An incandescent light that seemed to originate from inside her illuminating her skin. Her tears, like pearls sold down her cheeks

He held unto her tighter, but she felt cold to the touch. "Baby? Millie, don't leave."

He heard movement but his mind was too far away for him to care. He sat on the floor drowning in the sorrow of his loss.

"Theo where is Millie?"

He looked up at her tears reddening his eyes.

"No," Kate choked out shaking her head in denial, tears pooling in her eyes. Her knees buckled and she fell against a wall trying to hold up her body. "No! We made plans. We had...she promised. She fine right

He picked himself up off the floor and looked at Drake. He was going to fulfill his promise to her. He was going to kill Micah. If Millie was dead then the son of a bitch didn't deserve to be alive either.

****
Micah felt the connection break.

It left him breathless and drove him to his knees. His fingers clutched the clothing at the front of his heart a sensation he had never before felt ripping through his body. She was gone. He knew it, felt it. He stumbled through the room to fall on the bed. Her scent was still there. He pressed his nose into her pillow and for the first time since he was a human child he wept.

She was stolen from him. If she was going to die, he should have been the one to kill her. She was his. The right to kill her belonged only to him. Now he would never get the chance left only now with and aching loneliness that he didnt know how to deal with.