06|

Light fell softly on her skin warming away the chill. Millie shifted beneath the sheets savoring the way the material shifted over her skin, caressing her limbs. Shed slept better than she had in weeks leaving her feeling very well rested, even with her dreams always present every time she closed her eyes.

She shifted lazily before sitting up slowly blinking against the brightness, stifling a deep yawn. The sheet fell away and she hastily clutched it back to her naked form her body stiffening. Cautiously, she looked
around. This wasnt her room at the boarding house.

Millie wasnt one for hysterics so she calmly thought back to what had happened. Last night. The ambush. Being saved by her mystery vampire.

Slowly she looked around. The walls were painted with murals depicting the tenderness found in a lovers embrace. The ceilings were high, carved with horses and laid with gold filigree. It was too beautiful to be real, but yet still there it was looking over her.

He appeared out of nowhere and a short, sharp scream ripped from her throat and she nearly fell off the bed.

"Thats quite a greeting, to give the man who saved you," he said studying her.

Millie frowned. "Yeah, well I'd scream at anyone who simply just appeared in my room like that," she bit back.

She had been half delirious but she still remembered that he was there last night. Remembered that when she could no longer function past a few steps in front of her, he had shown up and protected her. She hated being seen as weak, as someone who needed his protection but she was grateful to him for it anyway.

She was indebted to him now; she just wasnt sure how that would translate into paying him back. She still didnt even know what he really wanted from her, or who he even was. "Thank You," she said quietly, looking down at the shape of her legs beneath the sheet.

He didn't ask for what, although it was blatantly obvious why she was thanking him. He crossed the room and pulled the curtains open allowing more light to leak in. Millie studied him, he was another Daylight Walker. Was there something in the water here that allowed the vampires to be Daylight Walkers?

"No thanks needed," his voice broke in interrupting her musings "You were handling yourself quite well before they poisoned you."

Millie inhaled sharply. So that was what was in the syringe. But there was no poison known to her that could have made her as weak as that one did. Her fingers crept up to her neck. "What was it?"

"A poison specifically made to kill your kind."

Her kind? More questions popped into her head, most of which were what exactly he knew about her, but she sank her brain into the pieces that he was giving her. "What do you mean my kind?"

His eyes narrowed his gaze boring into her. Something about his stare made her shift uncomfortably. "I think that maybe you should get cleaned up-- "

"Wait!" she interrupted suddenly. He turned to face her arching an eyebrow at her outburst. Millie cleared her throat "How did you get rid of the poison? Wouldn't it have, you know, killed me?"

"I cleaned your blood of it."

Millie's forehead crinkled when she thought about the possible meanings of his words. "What do you mean you cleaned my blood of it?" He smiled his lips peeling back to reveal his fangs. Her eyes widened. "You, you bit me? How are you not dead right now?" she added when he only nodded.

"I think thats enough questions, for now."

She cleared her throat. "I have a question," she croaked and he nodded turning back to the window bathing in the light. "Where am I?"