Chapter 4

Dedicated to NightshadeLover216

_____

Writing a quick note on the refrigerator for Grayson, I take the Bolognese I made from off the counter and placed it into the fridge.

Checking the time on my watch, it reads 7 pm and Grayson won't be home till 8 since he's going out after the tryouts with his new friends. I trusted Grayson; he is a smart kid so I gave him a little lead way when it came to outings with his friends.

Running upstairs I quickly packed fresh gym clothes and a towel into my bag, before heading out and locking the door behind me.

The air was crisped and fresh against my skin as I drove to a little café in the next town over to meet up with Kota.

It only took me thirty minutes to get to where I was meeting him, I searched through the glass windows for his short self, until I finally found him sitting in the back by himself sipping at a cup of coffee.

"I thought you stood me up." He grinned, as I got closer to the booth he sat in.

"Not in a million years." I winked playfully.

Kota had black greying hair, 5 o'clock shadow sat on his jaw and brown eyes with laugh lines covering his face. He was in his early 60's and was the only person I trusted, in a sense he was my guide through The Underground, he knew the ins and outs of how it all worked. He studied each of my opponents for me before I fought them, what I should expect and what I shouldn't.

I always split my winnings with him even though he always refused and only wanted close to nothing but I always gave him half of the money I made, he took care of me and I took care of him. I was never greedy with the money I made, I never fought fight after fight, I only fought enough times, just to cover the bills and expenses, which was only two fights a week, I was content with that.

"You'll be fighting Red tonight, she's a kickboxer so watch her legs carefully, her kicks are very powerful but she has no upper body strength, try tire her legs out first and then lay into her." Kota said, sipping his coffee.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked watching him carefully.

"Aren't you? We're heading to one of the biggest Underground Clubs." He whispered.

"Don't be nervous or else you'll make me nervous." I said flatly.

"Oh you're right." He said nodding and straightening himself.

"Come on we better go, I want to watch a fight before I have to." I said, standing from the booth and making my way out of the café.

"I'll follow behind you." Kota yelled, rushing to his car.

Slipping my leather jacket on, my car roars to life as I start and head off to my next destination. It wasn't a long drive but it was a boring one.

Finally pulling up at the huge warehouse that sat in the middle of nowhere. I shut off my car lights immediately. The place was packed with exotic cars from Lamborghinis to Audis.

I waited for Kota to come up behind me before we made our way into the warehouse. Nodding to the security guard that stood at the doors, he patted both of us down for any weapons, which of course he never found any on either of us. Even though I hated the pat downs, the security guards were always respectful.

Once we were in, the place was filled with men in suits, cheering for the person they betted on to win. No one here that I could see didn't look familiar, none of them gave me a second glance and I was happy with that.