Chapter 15

"Gray, are you ready?" I called out, placing my things into my purse.

"Does this look okay?" He asked, gesturing down to his outfit.

He wore a grey sweater, nude colored jean shorts and grey canvas shoes; his hair gelled in a comb over.

"Looks perfect." I beamed, "How about me? Do I look like a responsible sister?" I said, spinning in a slow circle.

I wore a white turtleneck sweater, dark blue jeans and thigh high black boots, my hair pulled into a tight bun and minimal makeup.

"Definitely, let's get going the weather is terrible." He said, gabbing the umbrella that sat next to our door.

"You're right!" I agreed as we walked out, locking the door behind us.

The drive there wasn't too bad, the weather seemed to settle down a little, hopefully it will stop raining by the time the interview is all done.

Pulling into the visitor's parking lot, we jumped out of the car and hurried into the entrance doors of the office building. The school was huge and modern from what we could see, it was prestige and everything was grand, I couldn't imagine how much it would cost to go here without a scholarship.

"Hey, how can I help you?" A lady with bright red lipstick asked, her voice gentle.

"Hi, we have a interview scheduled for 11:00am." I replied politely.

"Oh yes, Grayson right?" She clasped her well-manicured hands together.

"Yes, that's me." He nodded.

"Right this way." She gestured for us to follow her.

She led us through towards a set of double doors, knocking before opening the door and popping her head through. "Grayson Vice is here." She called out.

"Come in." A deep voice called out.

She stood to the side and opened the door wider so we could enter. She soon stepped out and closed the door behind her.

"I'm very pleased to meet you young sir." A tall man stood from his desk, straightening his suit.

He came around from his desk and extended his hand out to my brother.

"Likewise." My brother shook his hand firmly.

"Your mum is very beautiful, it's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Vice." He turned to me, extending his hand.

"I'm actually his sister, our guardian couldn't make it today sir." I said softly, shaking his hand firmly.

"Oh sorry, call me Donavan." He smiled sheepishly.

The interview soon started, Donavan wanted to know all the basic information about Grayson and what his thoughts were about the school, then we talked about the school and what was expected from Grayson as a student of Colton Academy. It continued for a long hour before he decided it was time to wrap things up.

"Because our guardian isn't here to sign the papers is it possible if I could take them and get them sign and I can send them back?" I asked, hopeful for my plan to work.

"Sounds perfect, I'll have Ms. Hunts give you the information you need to send the papers back." He smiled, standing from his chair and shaking our hands again.

"It was a pleasure meeting you two, I can't wait to have you apart of our school Mr. Vice." He nodded at Grayson.

"The pleasure was all mine, thank you again." Grayson said, his smile big.

"I'll see you in a weeks time." He said before we left his office, shutting the door behind us.

"I still can't believe it." Grayson said excitingly.