Chapter 21

Zade's POV

"I won't fight her." I seethed at my Uncle.

"I don't want to fight him Maceo, please don't make us fight against each other." She begged, her eyes wide.

"The only way you can get out of this is if one of you forfeit the fight and when I say one of you I mean you Zade, you have to forfeit." Maceo sighed heavily.

"That's fine, I'll forfeit." I said, pulling my princess into my arms securely.

"It's not that easy, she'll move up and they want her to fight the best of the best." Maceo said, his face in a pained manner.

I gritted my teeth.

"The people me and Chris work for, they want to see if you can fight your way to the top, they know she'll take you out anyway Zade." Maceo said, his tone serious.

"You take me out everyday." I whispered.

"With your beauty." I added, grinning down at her.

"Very funny." The shade of pink I've come to love coated the apples of her cheeks, her hand slapping my chest lightly.

"What's going to happen since he's forfeiting?" She asked, her tone soft.

"They want you to fight at The Pit, have you heard of it?" Maceo asked.

"NO, she's not ready for that!!!" I growled immediately, tightening my arms around Ava.

"She has no choice, there's no one left after you." Maceo glared back.

"What the fuck is wrong with them, they want to put a 17 year old girl in a ring with well trained men." I bit back.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, her hands squeezing mine, calming me immediately.

"Ava, the people I work for are very dangerous, they run big organizations, the bad kind." Maceo said calmly, his voice soft when he spoke to her.

"How bad?" She asked.

I knew she was frustrated and mad but she always remained respectful to others, no matter whom you were, she always treated people nicely and equally, that's one of the reasons that drew me to her.

"Bad, out of 10 they'll be 100." He said, guilt coated on his face.

She stayed silent.

"I promise they won't harm you and your brother, all you have to do is fight like normal but these fighters are very experienced, they have no flaws just like you." He said, proudness covering his words.

"Do you know who I'll be fighting?" She asked after a long while.

"I don't, fights at The Pit are different, and an opponent is picked by the highest paying, you find out once we arrive tonight." He said nervously, not knowing how she was going to take it.

"Okay, how experienced are we talking?" Her eyes lit up.

She always had the look of disappointment in her eyes after every fight she's had here, the way her eye's lit up showed she liked the idea of a challenge but I could tell she was on edge about how bad Maceo and Chris's employers were but she didn't know Lucian was one of their employers.

Lucian was very confused when he met her, he expected Ava to be a girl who was mad at the world, someone who was disrespectful, someone who glared, someone who scowled at everyone, someone who had a lot of hate but instead he got the exact opposite. He met a girl who was sweet, kind, funny, soft spoken, respectful, always smiling, laughed at things no one else did, enjoyed the company of everyone who interacted with her, and clueless to the stares.