Chapter 37

"Hey Kenna, can I talk to you for a second please?" I asked taking a seat at the dining room table.

No one else is up out of bed yet so it was a perfect time to talk to her.

"What do you want?" She glared at me.

"Why do you hate me?" I asked curiously.

"Because I do." She rolled her eyes, taking a seat from across me.

"Did I do something to hurt you?"

"You've ruined everything around here, first you come in here with your suitcases, you almost got us killed at The Pit because we had to go there and watch you fight, you made Ace and Zade fight over you, you almost got Zade killed and then you bring your family problems here too." She said through clenched teeth, her eyes in slits.

"You're right, I've brought nothing but trouble." I nodded understandingly.

She stared at me with surprise and didn't make a move to say anything so I kept talking.

"I'm sorry I've pushed you to the point of hating me and I'm sorry I never asked for your permission to move in, it was rude of me. My intentions were never to hurt any one of you and it still isn't. Say the word and I'll leave, this home was yours before mine and I should have respected that." I stared into her eyes with sincerity.

"Why do you have to be so perfect?" She let her head hang, staring down at her cup of tea.

"Huh?" I asked taken back by her question.

"I've treated you like shit since day one and you don't look at me with the same hate or retaliate with the same nastiness." She replied, letting her shoulders slouch forward.

I was about to say something but she cut me off.

"You don't have to leave, I tried hating you but you make it terribly hard. I'm sorry for the way I've acted, it was childish of me." She sighed heavily. "But repeat this to anyone else and I'll deny everything." She stood and headed into the kitchen.

Trust her to end a great moment like that. I thought.

"Good morning, why didn't you wake me?" Zade strolled through the dining room with Beau in his arms.

"I didn't want to wake you, it's still early why are you two awake?" I smiled, standing to peck his lips.

"She came into my room looking for you." He stared at Beau; she looked disorientated, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Good morning mummy." She said tiredly, holding her arms out to me.

"Morning beautiful." I replied as Zade placed her into my arms.

Beau wrapped her hands into my hair almost immediately. "Can I have some cereal please?" She yawned.

"Stay there, I got it." Zade kissed my cheek and took long strides into the kitchen.

The rest of the morning was spent with us lazing around the house with the others before me and Zade had to start getting ready for the lunch with my parents family. It was warm out today so I decided to wear a sundress and sandals, my hair done in soft curls and my makeup only consisting of mascara and lip-gloss.

"Ready beautiful?" Zade knocked on my bedroom door.

"Yes." I swung the door open and picked my purse up.

"Tell me you're mine." Zade pulled me into him as his eyes ran down my body appreciatively.

"Mmm." I hummed, tapping my index finger against my bottom lip.