22: Wanted: Manager

Tink!

Tink!...Tink!... Tink!

"Joo Ri-ya..."

Tink!...Tink!...Tink!

"Ya!" Ji Min yelled to catch your attention.

"Huh?" You asked lifelessly. You looked up from stabbing your lunch, which had been the reason for the 'tink'-ing noise every time your chopsticks slammed into your plate.

"Stop playing with your food," Ji Min reprimanded.

"Sorry," you muttered.

"What's bothering you?" Ji Min asked.

Your face twitched in displeasure as you relayed what happened two days ago during your Special Class.

-- FLASHBACK –

"So, do you know someone?"

"No," Lu Han answered indifferently. He was playing with his cube again.

"Not even just one person?"

"No," he answered again, to your irritation, in a tone that suggests you were annoying him.

"How could you not know anyone?" You asked through gritted teeth. You were trying hard to control your temper. "Aish! I knew it. This jerk is totally useless," you grouched to yourself, though you really couldn't care less if Lu Han heard you, which he actually did.

"Why are you nagging like I'm the only person in this project?" He asked apathetically.

"I grew up around humans so I don't know any other monsters aside from the people in this school."

"Then you're more useless," he simply said.

"Mweo?"

"I do know a lot of people for our project," he amended.

"Then give me their names already! Aish!"

"They're all in China."

"Then go to China, damn it!" You yelled, finally reaching your limits.

"Aish, so noisy," he muttered, leaning his head away from you while picking his ear with his pinky finger. "Did you know you look and sound like an angry grizzly bear?"

Grizz...grizzly?

"YOU!" You yelled, now in rage mode.

"Song Joo Ri, what's happening out there?" Doctor Jung asked.

"You know what? You were right. You should find yourself another partner!" You slammed your pen down and stomped over to Doctor Jung. "I want to change my partner!"

"Eh?"

"That jerk is totally not cooperating and is the crudest creature on this planet!" You whined.