Chapter 15: Chase

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Enjoy this chapter and also point out my mistakes! 💞

————————————————————

Day 4

          My eyes somberly stared at Leo's necklace that my fingers held up. The heavy piece of jewelry dangled from its chain before I laid it to rest in my jewelry box. I wished I would've forgotten what I stupidly did, but the memory was as clear as the sky today and as chilling as the breeze.

          I woke up with a pounding headache yesterday morning from the tequila I ingested at the party the night before along with the fight I got into Leo with. I didn't mean to go off the way I did, but all the built-up frustration in me poured out and I couldn't help it. Neither could he.

          We didn't exactly part ways on good terms. Tears in our eyes drowned us in agony the fateful day I told him to leave. He warned me not to, but that was what I did. And in the process, my decision broke something in us. It killed a part of us.

          Sighing, I tucked the jewelry box under a few clothes in my suitcase before zipping it back up and exiting my room. I had been huddled up under my covers after the incident. From what Sophie informed me, Verona regained consciousness late last night and was recovering from the stab wound which made me happy. Soph didn't know I helped save Leo's wife, but many of his cousins were present and watched me lash out at Leo. The whole fiasco was rudimentary, and I was pretty sure I was the mockery of the palace right now.

          As I stood in front of one of the many elevators, Athena walked down the hall with a few men behind her as she barked orders at them. "Get all that to Oliver as soon as possible. And make sure that idiot makes use of it."

          "Athena!" I called out.

          The woman spared me a quick glance, then looked back at her men. "Scram and get it done." They all nodded and cleared the area before she walked toward me in leisure steps. "Decided to crawl out of your den?"