chapter 7

Your pov

We walked out to the beat-up 1998 powder-blue Ford Taurus. Slender had gotten it from a dealership claiming a customer who had previously purchased the car found rotting body parts in the seats. The Hazards Of Buying Used Cars.

We climbed into the vehicle and took off down the dirt road. Hoodie was in the passenger seat Masky behind the wheel. After 20 or so miles the two of them took off their masks and handed Jeff a bottle. Jeff looked at them bewildered and disgusted out about the sludge in the jar.

"What's this?" He asked uncorking it. He sniffed it and pulled his head back from the putrid smell.

"Glamour" replied Masky (Tim) "Drink it will give you about five hours of looking, 'normal', well normal for you." He chuckled keeping his eyes on the road.

"Now remember we use our normal names," Hoodie (Brian) said to Jeff. I glanced out the window, watching the forest pass by. The music in the car started to get louder. I tapped my fingers on my legs in time with the beat of the music. Hoodie looked back at me.

"Gonna sing for us?" The black-haired, green-eyed, young man asked. I shook my head, he sighed and turned to Jeff.

"I tried," he shrugged, Jeff glanced at me then back down at the glamour. He took out the cork and downed it quickly cringing at the taste. Slowly his features changed his hair was softer and a milk chocolate color, his eyes brighten to a vivid blue and his smile disappeared. I looked in awe at the man next to me, if it where a different circumstance I would think he looked good if not handsome.

I glanced back to the forest outside while it thinned out making way to paved roads and houses. We weren't in town yet, we still had a bit of driving to do but at least there was civilization. I leaned back and looked out the front window.

"What do we need," hoodie asked. I handed him a list of the items I believe we needed. He took the list and read it over nodding. The rest of the ride was silent. Till we reached the local store. Upon walking into the building we were met by a smiling brunette cashier.

"Brian, (y/n) and Tim it's so good to see you! who's the," she took a pause eyeing up Jeff, "the new guy?" she asked.

"My cousin" Masky replied to her naturally. His lie was partly passable Masky too had brown hair and blue eyes, but Masky's hair is darker and his eyes were grayer. He walked deeper into the store looking for items on the list. She looked skeptical but nodded. After picking out what we needed we took it to the cash register to check out.

"So when's the wedding," the girl asked, her smile growing wider.

"Very soon, (y/n) and I are still deciding dates," Hoodie told her and smiled, although it didn't reach his eyes. After leaving the store Jeff questioned Hoodie.

"Wedding? what is she talking about." He asked giving a harsh chuckle.

"Well, the short story is, we had gone to that store a while ago always the same cashier. (y/n) had her mother's ring on one day and she saw it. The teller saw her with Hoodie and assumed they were engaged when asked hoodie said yes just to shut the women up so now it's an... well its kinda an ongoing/ inside joke." Masky retold the story. Jeff grunted and looked out the window. As we took the long road back to the mansion, Jeff's glamour started to wear off. The grocery's in my lap bounced as we entered the dirt road.

"Last chance for a song." Hoodie said looking at me. I shook my head no again and laid my head against the glass of the car window. The forest started to thicken as we left civilization behind.

"You sing in the car?" Jeff asked, his voice almost gentle. About to answer by shaking my head when I get cut off.

"HA! Are you kidding?! No!" Hoodie tilts his head back to let out a belly laugh.

"If we're being honest here sometimes she hums in tune with the music, but that doesn't happen often." Masky chimed in "If you want to hear her sing wait till she takes a shower on the holidays."

"Why the holidays?" Jeff asked bewildered.

"It's the only days they get warm water in the servants quarters," Masky replied his hand leaving the wheel to grab his mask. The two proxy's slipped the masks on when entering Slender's property. Pulling up to the house the four of us unloaded the car and took everything to the kitchen so I could sort through it all. Jeff helped by putting items away in their respected cabinets.

A short while later slender arrived in the kitten without my mask.

"I can't get it back from Ben." slender said rubbing his head where his temples should be. "Until I can get your mask back from Ben you have my full permission to go without a mask." I shuttered. this is gonna be one long dinner.