chapter 15

Jeff pov

I knew life was too good, but something was burning, something sinister was lurking under my skin. I knew it was there and I ignored it.

I should have never ignored it...

We finished cleaning the house by then it was about 5:30 pm and (y/n) needed to start breakfast. I took the things that she needed out of the fridge and set them on the counter so she could prepare food. As she started to work I watched her, leaning against the kitchen counter. The granite countertop was cold against my back as I had removed my hoodie leaving me in only a black shirt. My hair scratched my neck as it fell over my shoulders and down my back.

I need a hair cut

I looked over at (y/n). She was focused on her work, from what I could determine being hard to tell because of her mask. She was bent over the stove preparing something, eggs, and something else. I stepped closer to her and ran my hand up the back of her neck. Taking the mask off her head. (Y/n) turned startled by me, I gently held the side of her neck in my left hand and held her mask in my right. I loved her eyes they where (e/c) that one could get lost in. Before I realized it I was leaning down to meet her lips. I caught myself before I had and pulled away. She opened her eyes confused by my actions. Sighing I handed her her mask and stepped away.

"I need to go," I said gruffly pushing past her and leaving the house.