Chapter 7: One Touch (Part 1)

The moment stopped there. Time itself did not exist, it froze as our lips mingled . Our senses that were once faint were then lightened and alive, we were drowning in each other. Then, the wisdom of time existed again and it slammed the both of us with reality.

Hard.

We both opened our eyes and we saw vulnerability in each other. The fact that under the walls we tried to put up there was that side in us, in me. But then, more emotions surfaced: shock, Denial. She jerked her head away and ran her fingers through her hair as if trying to search for some sort of logical explanation to what just happened. Was there a logical explanation for it?

"What do you think you were doing?" she said, much like a whisper without looking at me. That was her logical explanation? She shook her head a couple of times and just stared at the river in front of us. It was what she did when she felt hurt or in denial.

"What do you mean? You thought that I was the one th—" I looked at her, feeling very upset. I did not kiss her, we kissed each other, no one forced anyone. How did that thought even come to her? In what way was that true? It takes two to make it happen. I

 stood up and walked away from her. I was angry, I was furious,  and I was basically on fire. The word 'hurt' didn't suit what I felt. My heart was bruised  but it also hurt my ego that she had rejected me.

Each step that I took away from her was building my emotions with layers and layers of anger and disappointment until it came to a point that I couldn't take it any longer. As a result, I slammed my fist into one of the three hat was near me. My vision blurred because of the rage and the next thing I knew was that I was giving punch after punch as hard as I could to that tree. A trickle of blood started to ooze from the knuckles of my fists but I didn't care, I was too angry to feel the pain. I even started to punch harder until the bark of the tree fell off and scratched my already wounded fists.

"Stop it! Lexis, are you insane? Stop this instant!" Sapphira ran to me and screamed her concern. She sounded scared but concerned as well. I didn't care what she had to say. I just went on.

"Lexis, stop." she whispered to me and placed her hands upon my chest. She somehow found the momentum to place herself between my rage and the tree I seemed to be beating. Her hands were forcing me to stop, pushing with the slightest strength. Her eyes stared at me with a gaze that was restless with sadness and a statement that said my reaction was not at all what she wanted, that the blood that I spilled was not at all what she hoped.

I stopped my rage and looked into her eyes, trying to speak my feelings without needing words from my lips. She held both of my hands that were still bleeding, examining the wound. She tore a part of her dress and tied some to each fist to help stop the bleeding. She was not saying any word throughout all this. I figured, I should ?

 "Are you... angry?" I asked slowly, not sure what to expect. I was and I was sure she was confused with the problem that we had just slipped into.

"No. I do not know. I wish not to speak of it," she answered as she tied another knot on my bleeding fist.

"The fact is, we must speak of the matter, Sapphira." I held her hand, forcing her to look at me. Though still, she did not. She refused to let even a gaze pass. She did not want to reveal the truth in her eyes.

"No. Take me back. I wish not to worry anyone," she said shortly and let go of my hands. She was acting distant like a completely different person.

"Sapphira—" I began or tried to begin.

"I want to be brought back, That is an order."

That made me pause. She just severed me from us. And through this command, she was rejecting me and saying that I wasn't worthy.