Chapter 3 - Getting under her skin

Blaze's POV

I was looking through the window while putting my shirt on. Carla wrapped her arms around my waist behind me, leaning her head against my back while caressing my chest with her fingertips.

"Stay for breakfast." She murmured in her seductive voice.

I grabbed her wrists and pulled them away as I turned around.

"I have to go to the company. My father wants me to start working in the company. " I lied as I walked away from her while tucking my shirt in.

I grabbed my leather jacket and waved at her as I walked out. As soon as I got in my car, I called David.

"Any news?" I snapped as he picked up the phone.

"A little, for now, sir. But in a few days I will give you full information."

"Ok, be quick." I ordered and hung up. I threw my phone onto the side seat and started the car.

***

I was sipping my coffee in the study room while examining the file that David had brought for me. Finally, I could start. I couldn't wait to see her again.

I closed the file and took it with me as I left the study room. I got in my car and placed the file on the side seat. I put my sunglasses on as I started my car.

I stopped my car in front of the gym. Finally, I am going to see you again, baby. I smirked and got out of my car. I opened the trunk and took my gym bag. I threw my gym bag over my shoulder and walked towards the entrance.

I changed my clothes and went to see her.

When I roamed inside, I saw her punching the punching bag

When I roamed inside, I saw her punching the punching bag. She looked so sexy in her gym clothes. Her hair was in a ponytail.

I smirked as I walked closer to her. "Harsh girl! I like it." I said arrogantly, standing behind her with a cocky smile on my face.

She turned around, her eyes narrowed. When she saw me, her expression changed; she looked at me, surprised.

Yes,good start! She remembers me. This made me happy.

"You?! What are you doing here?" After getting rid of her surprise, she asked.

"Working out." I said in a cocky voice,putting my hands into my pockets without taking my eyes off her.

She rolled her eyes at me and nodded her head as she turned around, ignoring me.

I clenched my jaw. Ok, baby, let's play with your rules.

"Do you want me to help you?" I asked.

She sighed as she turned around, annoyed. "No." She answered curtly and continued punching the punching bag.

"Are you afraid of me? " I murmured in her ear, moving closer to her.

"Why..." She snapped, turning around, but she stopped when she noticed that there were a few inches between us, biting her lower lip. "Why should I be?!" She said less confidently, uncomfortable by our closeness.

"I don't know. Maybe, you are afraid of falling in love with me." I said seductively, leaning my head closer to her.

She stepped back a little as she laughed mockingly. "Dream on!"

I gave her a mischievous smirk as I walked closer to her. "But I know that you lie. Your heart is beating faster, your stomach is in knots. And how you bite your lower lip...."

She pushed me away by placing her hands on my chest and walked away.

"Is it your way to get a girl in your bed?" She asked as she folded her arms on her chest.

"Ouch!" I pretended to be offended, placing my hand on my chest. I gave her a cocky grin as I added. "I don't chase girls, baby. They come themselves. I just use opportunities." I winked at her. She shook her head.

"How about fighting in the ring, not here?" I suggested.

She raised her eyebrow, thinking.

"Come on! Don't be chicken!" I grinned.

She breathed deeply. "Ok."

I gave her a victorious smile. I took my hoodie off.

She was looking at my bare chest, biting her lower lip, her cheeks flushed. She cleared her throat as she averted her eyes. I smiled at her reaction. You are not indifferent to me, baby.

She went towards the boxing ring. I followed her. I winked at her as we started.

I should admit she was good at kickboxing. When she wanted to slam me with her fist, I avoided it and wrapped my arm around her neck, pulling her into my chest.

"Hey! What are you doing?" She protested.

"Give me a chance." I whispered in her ear.

She was trying to release herself from my grip. She caught me off guard, and she threw me onto the ground as she slammed her elbow into my stomach hard.

I smirked at her, laying on the ground. "Impressive!" I smirked.

I tripped her up in a quick movement making her fall down. I hovered over her body, holding her wrists in a tight grip. There were a few inches between our lips. Both of us were panting.

She was squirming under me, trying to get up. "Let go of me!" She hissed.

"Never! I will not let you go!" I promised, looking into her crystal blue eyes.

She was looking into my eyes without moving anymore. I leaned closer to her more. I was staring at her captivating eyes as if I was in a trance. She bit her lower lip without taking her eyes off me.

I wanted to stop the time, hold her in my arms forever. I felt a magnetic pull towards her. I leaned over her lips more, she closed her eyes.

I pulled away and got up quickly as I cleared my throat. She opened her eyes, looking at me, dumbfounded, still laying on the ground.

I looked at her, puzzled, shaken by my own feelings that were unfamiliar to me. Uncomfortable and angry at the same time. What were these? Dammit!

"See you later." I muttered and left as I averted my gaze.