Chapter 40 - Bliss

Blaze's POV

It had been one and a half months since Aspen was born. I would miss him if I didn't see him for a second. He was so cute. My bundle of joy.

I woke up late this morning. I went to the bathroom. After taking a shower, I walked out wrapping the towel around my waist. After getting ready, I went downstairs.

I heard Aspen's cry. I went to the living room. The housekeeper was rocking him trying to smooth him, but he was crying louder and louder.

"Where is Ashley?" I asked as I approached them.

"She went shopping." She replied.

Aspen extended his hands towards me crying. I smiled at him as I took him in my arms.

"My boy, why are you crying?" I asked, stroking his back.

He placed his head against my chest as he stopped crying. I kissed his head while stroking his back gently. He nuzzled up against my chest.

The housekeeper left as her phone rang. I was walking back and forth, holding Aspen in my arms.

The housekeeper came back as she said. "Sir, my sister is in labor. I need to go to the hospital urgently. Mrs. Anderson is going to come in an hour...."

"You can leave. I will take care of Aspen." I interrupted her.

"Thank you, sir. Mrs. Anderson left mother's milk for him. It is in the bottle in the kitchen." She said. I nodded. Then, she left quickly.

"Are we alone now, my boy?" I cooed Aspen. He gave me a cheeky smile.

I was making funny faces while shaking his teddy bear in my hand. He was giggling. My sweet son. He extended his hands towards me and tapped my face while giggling. I closed my eyes, laughing as I kissed his palm.

I held him in my arms and placed a tender kiss on his cheek. He was sucking his thumb. He must be hungry; he was doing it when he was hungry.

"My boy, dinner time. Let's see what your mommy has left for you." I said, stroking his hair as I carried him to the kitchen.

I prepared his bottle. I placed a drop of milk on my arm to check the temperature of the milk.

I held the bottle, extending it towards him. He started drinking, placing his little hands on top of my hand around the bottle.

"My good boy." I exclaimed as I put the bottle down on the counter.

He was rubbing his eyes. It was his nap time. I kissed his forehead as I carried him to my bedroom.

I was rocking him smoothly walking back and forth in my bedroom. He was staring up at me with his sleepy eyes. He closed his eyes slowly and fell asleep. I smiled at him as I placed him on the bed carefully. I pulled the blanket over his body. I placed a soft kiss on his hand and lay down beside him, watching my sleeping son.

 I placed a soft kiss on his hand and lay down beside him, watching my sleeping son