Chapter 29 - The bad day

Ashley's POV

Suddenly, someone wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back. I looked at him; I didn't know him. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and called someone. But my mind was blurry, I couldn't give any attention to his conversation on the phone.

I felt dizzy. My legs were trembling. I placed my hand on my stomach. Suddenly, my head spun. He scooped me up in his arms and carried me to the company.

He set me on my feet carefully and helped me to sit down. He ordered the secretary to bring me a glass of water.

I placed my hand on my stomach. I was still trembling.

Suddenly, I saw Blaze rushing towards me. He looked worried. He approached me and bent down in front of me. He hugged me tightly. I hugged him back tightly as tears ran down my cheeks.

He pulled back and took my face in his hands, looking at me, worried.

"Are you okay?" He asked anxiously.

I just nodded. I couldn't talk, I was still in shock. I placed my hand on my stomach, crying. I was afraid for my baby. As he understood my worry, he placed his hand on top of my hand on my belly.

"Don't worry. I will not let anything happen to you or this little one." He said softly, looking into my eyes as he gave me a reassuring smile.

" He said softly, looking into my eyes as he gave me a reassuring smile

I hugged him tightly, bursting out of crying. I was over sensitive after all these. He hugged me back, rubbing my back.

When I pulled back, I noticed that the secretary was looking at us, puzzled. Blaze straightened and turned towards the man who had saved me.

"Thank you, Damian. Did you see the license plate?"

"Yes, sir." He replied.

"Good! You know what you have to do." Blaze said firmly; the man nodded and walked away, calling someone.

Blaze turned towards me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder while he held my hand as he helped me to stand up. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I leaned against him as he headed us towards his office.

He helped me to sit down on the couch and sat down on the centre table in front of me. He took my hand in his hand and stroked my hair.

"Are you better?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah." I muttered.

After pulling myself together, I asked. "The man who has saved me..."

"Yes, Damian, my security guard." He replied before I finished my sentence.

"What was he doing there?" I asked. I was sure he wasn't near me when I left the building.

He breathed deeply and replied. "I ordered him to follow you."

I pulled my hand away as I looked at him with wide eyes. "What?!"

He sighed, running his hand through his hair and stood up. He walked towards his desk. He opened the drawer and grabbed an envelope. He approached me and handed me the envelope.

I took the envelope, giving him an inquiring look. He sat down beside me while I opened the envelope. I was shocked when I saw my photos.

"I received these photos a few days ago. I searched, but I couldn't find who had sent these." He informed me while I was looking at the photos.

"But why? Why were these photos sent to you?" I asked, confused.

He raised his eyebrow at me as he said mockingly. "I wonder why too?!"

I rolled my eyes at him and placed the photos on the centre table.

He cleared his throat and said. "After receiving these, I ordered Damian to follow you, because I was worried about you." He paused as he breathed deeply. "Unfortunately, I was right. This crazy almost...." He didn't continue his sentence, clenching his fist.

I stood up. It was too much. I breathed deeply. Perfect! I just needed some crazy after me. I hissed under my breath.

"Thank you. But I don't need your protection anymore. You have to just inform me about these photos, not to order your security guard to follow me. I will take care of myself. I don't need your bodyguard anymore....And don't get yourself tired for someone who is not important to you." I said firmly, emphasizing the last words and grabbed my bag.

He rolled his eyes at me as he clenched his fist, giving me a furious look. I didn't give attention to his anger and left his office.

When I arrived, Patricia told me she invited Carla for dinner.

Just my luck!

I wanted that the day ended as soon as possible. I went to my bedroom. I placed my bag on the couch and took off my shoes. I was so tired. I decided to rest a little before dinner.

When I woke up, it was already dark outside. I got up and went downstairs.

Carla was already here, her arms around Blaze. I breathed deeply and walked towards James.

Blaze looked at me, roaming my face, looking for if I was fine. I ignored his gaze without looking at his direction.

A few minutes later, we started having dinner.

"Have you thought of any names for the baby?" Carla asked, looking at James and me.

James placed his hand on top of mine as he replied before I could stop him. " Aspen, if the baby is a boy. "

Blaze choked on his water.

"Are you okay, Blaze?" Carla asked while tapping his back. Blaze stopped her with a hand gesture.

"Yeah." He muttered and plunged his piercing eyes into mine. His gaze was so intense. I averted my gaze.

"Excuse me." Blaze said firmly as he stood up and left the dining room in quick steps.

Later, Blaze came back, but his expression was gloomy. He was sipping his whiskey, staring into space.

After Carla had left, I went to my bedroom. I was tossing and turning on the bed. I couldn't fall asleep cause I couldn't stop thinking about today. Who has sent those photos? Especially Blaze? Who knows about Blaze and me?

I breathed deeply and got up. I was thirsty.

When I walked out of the room, I saw Blaze coming towards me. I turned around as I wanted to get away from here as soon as possible. I didn't want to talk to him. It was already a tough day.

Blaze grabbed my wrist and stopped me. I breathed deeply as I looked at him. He pulled his hand away as he plunged his eyes into mine.

 He pulled his hand away as he plunged his eyes into mine

"Why Aspen?" He asked huskily, looking into my eyes.