Chapter 35 - The new beginning

Ashley's POV

He pulled back and held my face in his hands as he wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"No more crying anymore. Just smile." He gave me a bright smile before brushing his lips against mine.

He pulled back as he rested his hand on my stomach, stroking it gently.

"I love both of you." He said, looking into my eyes.

"We love you too." I beamed at him and placed my head against his chest. He placed a soft kiss on my hair, holding me against his chest.

"You will get divorced immediately." He said huskily, breathing in my scent.

I pulled back a little. "Umm...we are not married." I muttered.

He raised his eyebrow at me with a questioning expression. I breathed deeply and started explaining it from the beginning. While I was explaining, his smile was getting bigger and bigger. As I finished explaining, he scooped me up in his arms and swirled me around.

"Blaze!" I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He set me down on my feet carefully and captured my lips, kissing me passionately, his hands rested on my cheeks.

"Mine!" He exclaimed as he leaned his forehead against mine while we were trying to catch our breaths.

I pulled back as I crossed my arms over my chest as I looked at him sadly. "Yes, James never touched me while you...slept with Carla."

He grinned at me. "I didn't." I looked at him, puzzled.

He placed his hands on my arms, moving them up and down as he said. "I was with her to make you jealous. I wanted that you felt the same way how I felt when I have been seeing you with James. But believe me I didn't touch her nor we didn't have sex." He caressed my cheek as he continued. "Yes, I accept I tried, but I couldn't." He gave me an apologetic look. "I love you so much, Ashley. I can not touch other women and I don't want either. Just you. I just want you. No one else. Only you." He looked into my eyes, his eyes shining.

I was so happy. I smiled at him and kissed his lips.

"And now you should answer a very very very important question for me?" He said in amusement, emphasizing the word very. I raised my eyebrow at him, intrigued.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Don't you already have a girlfriend?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Umm...no. I broke up with her about a month ago." He said, wrapping his arms around me, smiling at me. "Before I found out about our baby." He added as he caressed my stomach.

I smiled at him happily. I was on cloud nine.

"Hmm...if you need a girlfriend, I can help you with it then." I said playfully.

"Hmm." He raised his eyebrow at me amusingly. "I desperately need a girlfriend." He whispered in my ear huskily, running his lips along my neck without kissing me. The shiver ran down my spine.

"Then....yes, I will be." I gave him a wide smile. He grinned at me and kissed my lips.

****

Four weeks had passed since Blaze and I made up. I was so happy. Everything was so perfect between us. Just Patricia knew about it. I asked Blaze to keep our relationship in secret for awhile; my parents softened now and I didn't want to drop another bombshell right after the first one. Blaze accepted it, but I couldn't tell he was happy with it. We had been meeting up in secret.

My due date was so close. I looked forward to holding my son in my arms. My stomach was bigger now, I barely had been seeing my feet. Blaze was caring, supportive and thoughtful towards me. I fell in love with him every day again and again.

My phone buzzed. I grabbed it; it was a message from Blaze.

'I am in the greenhouse. Waiting for you.'

I smiled and got up quickly. I walked out without drawing attention and went to the greenhouse.

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I wrapped my arms around him, kissing his lips

"I missed you." He murmured as he stroked my cheek. "Both of you." He added, smiling as he placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed my belly gently. I smiled at him.

We were talking while holding each other's hand. Suddenly, there was smoke.

"Do you smell it?" I asked Blaze. He nodded, looking at me seriously.

"Fire!" I screamed in panic as I saw flames. The greenhouse was burning.

"Calm down. We are getting out of here." Blaze gave me a reassuring look as he held my hand and headed us towards the door.

When Blaze tried to open the door, the door didn't open.

"Shit!" He hissed, as he tried to open the door again.

"We are stuck here." I said in panic as I started crying.

"Trust me, we will get out of here." He said as he held my cheeks in his hands.

He looked scared too, but he tried not to show me.

He kicked the door, calling for help. But it didn't work. He kept on kicking the door again and again.

I sat down on the floor, I couldn't breathe anymore. I started coughing, my hand rested on my stomach. There were flames everywhere.

"Blaze...I can't breathe anymore." I said barely, coughing.

Blaze rushed towards me anxiously. He wrapped his hand around me.

"We are going to die." I muttered, crying.

"Don't say it. I will not let anything happen to you nor our baby." He said confidently.

He kicked the door again harder as he screamed. "Help!"

I was feeling dizzy. My vision was blurry. I leaned against the wall for support. Suddenly, my vision darkened.