35 | Stars and Snow

~No one is you and that is your power.~

a d e l i n

Joy and Pain.

Emotions wage war in my heart, each demanding to be felt.

Through the agony it's getting harder and harder to focus, to keep my eyes open and hold off the imploring gentle arms of darkness.

My corners of my vision are tinted by black, my energy draining out of me, being pulled by those very arms as they continue to take, take and take.

But I fight against it, only for a little longer.

Long enough for me to finally slip my hands free of the rope tying me back. My arm feels like it weighs tons as I lunge forward-something that proves hard due to my confined feet-to grab one of the two guns placed on the table.

Surprising myself, I manage to lift the pistol and point it straight at Volkov, holding it in both hands to stabilise the grip. He catches the movement, agitated at what he finds.

There's something condescending about his gaze, almost as if he knows I won't be able to pull the trigger.

I'm all too happy to prove his wrong.

"I bite." my voice is no louder than a whisper but he hears it with the utmost clarity "And when I do, it stings."

I pull the trigger.

My arm reels back from the force, ears ringing even with the silencer in place. Loud curses fill the room but I can't tell what follows.

The fifth wave hits me strong and hard.

I gasp at the intensity of the pain bleeding through the left side of my chest and in that moment, my eyes find Aaron's panic stricken face and then Caleb's brown eyes, large with fear.

My twin, my other half.

My boyfriend, my soulmate.

Both of whom I love endlessly, both of whom I drift away from today.

Giving them a weak smile, I let myself fall into the awaiting arms.

Silence, Darkness and emptiness greet me.

c a l e b

No. No. No. No.

I watch, utterly helplessly as Adelin smiles at me one last time, her beautiful blue eyes flutter close and her head falls limply.

Rage, like I've never felt before and desolation, like I never want to feel again, make my heart ache at the haunting sight of the woman I love, lay lifelessly.

Clenching the gun, my knuckles turn white but I point it at my father, without any hesitation. He's stolen away my happiness countless of times and I don't give a fucking shit if he bleeds out on these filthy floors tonight, alone.

"Don't dare and pull that trigger, boy. You've already shot three of my men but another gunshot and you'll find yourself dead along with your bitch of a girlfriend." The tall bearded man Adelin had shot clutches his arm, blood darkening his sleeve.

In return, I smirk at him.

A vicious, deadly, venomous smirk as I pull the trigger and shoot my father right in the chest.

On cur, with perfect timing, the door bangs open. Gunshots ensue.

I watch Noah, Danny, Mase and Tris file in the room, each of them equipped with guns just in case push comes to shove and taking on the remaning members of the gang.