10

Fainting in the office!

I was tired- no, not tired, scratch that, I was exhausted. My plan of chilling with Netflix, Sam, Matt and my parents failed. Why you may ask.

Firstly, Sam got sick. Right after we came home from Walmart, he started sneezing non-stop and by the time night came, his body was hot with fever. I had to stay awake the entire night taking care of him.

That night, I didn't even blink my eye for a second. On Sunday, he was feeling a lot better after some home remedies, soup and medicines. I thought I could have some rest that night, but that thought flew out of the window when Sam started coughing again at night and when I checked his temperature, it was hundred and three degrees.

Matt told me to sleep while he took care of Sam, but I refused because he also had job the next day. He didn't budge and help me anyways and I was glad to have three hours of sleep that night. He told me that he could take care of Sam, but I didn't want him to not have any sleep and go to office the next day looking like a zombie.

So, basically, I got only three hours of sleep in the last forty eight hours and I was damn sure that Mr. Steele was going to make it extra hard for me. After having a huge cup of bitter coffee, I felt a little relaxed and was ready to start my day at Steele's Company.

I didn't really put any effort to dress up, not that I do anyways. Like everyday, my outfit of the day was kept neatly on the bed by Matt, which was a beige nude short sleeved sheath dress with flutter sleeves, a golden belt, nude pumps, some lipgloss and I was all set to face the world. My hair were tied in a ponytail as I didn't feel like keeping them down today.

Mr. Steele was as expected giving me a real hard time of my life. He just kept on giving me orders, giving me works which were not required for the next week or two. He didn't even once look at me. It was just him giving me orders while doing something on his laptop.

Right now, I was getting him his fifth coffee. And now that I look upon it, I think I also need one right now or else my body will just collapse. After making two cups of dark coffee, I made my way towards my cabin and placed my coffee on the desk. After giving Mr. Steele his coffee, I came back to my cabin and sighed in relief when my body hit the chair, not literally.

I sipped my coffee slowly and rubbed some sleep from my eyes. Yes, I was tired. Yes, I needed a break even if it's still my second week. And no, I cannot do a thing about it. Life is hard fellas, don't try being an adult. It's harmful.

I rested my head on the desk and closed my eyes for few minutes, relaxing them a little. Few minutes later, the door to my cabin flew open and there came brown eye. Yes people, I don't know his name yet.

He had a wide grin spread on his face. He came and gave me bone crushing hug to which my cheeks turned red.

"Love, I missed you so much!"

I gave him a smile. "I missed you too."

"You don't come to lunch. Why?" He asked, scrunching his eyebrows.

"Mr. Steele won't let me because apparently, his work is more important than my food." This brought a frown on his face. Then he made this look and was silent for few minutes. Suddenly, his eyes brightened in happiness. "Be right back!" Saying that, he rushed out of the door and came back few minutes later with a paper bag in his hand.

"Here." He said, handing me a sandwich and took another one out for him. "If you cannot come for lunch, then we can do lunch here!" I smiled at his kind gesture. So, this is how it feels to have a friend. A nameless friend, might I add.