22

Signing the contract!

"Mr. Steele, it's time to leave."

He nodded his head and adjusted the collar of his white shirt and wore a black blazer over it before standing and heading out of the room and towards the lift with me trailing behind.

Today was a very important day for The Steele's Co. Mr. Steele was meeting the CEO of the one of most successful firms of the Industry, Mr. Allerton. If he gets the contract today then the company will be benefited with millions of profit. I had never seen Mr. Steele nervous before, heck, it was always us getting nervous by his presence, but for the first time, I saw him sweat— Just a little. Still, he managed to carry his posture with confidence and ease.

Twenty minutes later, we were standing outside the Crystal restaurant. I adjusted my black skirt which had a slit on the left ending at my thighs. Among all the dresses which Matt has chosen for me till now, it was the comfortable one so far because of it's just above knee length and an attached brown top which didn't show much of my cleavage.

It was decent.

I took a deep breath and entered after Mr. Steele. Both of us were fully into business mood now, the events of yesterday long forgotten. The waiter showed us the way to the booth where Mr. Allerton was settled along with his PA.

Mr. Steele took a seat across Mr. Allerton with me sliding beside him, but ofcourse, at a comfortable distance. My eyes met the black eyes of Mr. Allerton who was not even bothering to hide the fact that he was openly checking me out which made me squirm in my seat, uncomfortably. He looked like he was in his late thirties. To ignore his stare, I looked at his PA who was sitting right across me with a bored look. She was pretty looking with her black hair and grey eyes, oh let's not forget that chiseled jawline.

How I wish to have such a sharp jawline.

"Hello, Mr. Allerton." Mr. Steele proceeded in his usual business tone, but something told me that he was pissed. It takes nothing to piss him off as he gets irritated very easily.

"Stop with the formalities now, Aaron. Call me Smith. I am sure after this contract we will be far from all these formalities, if you have a perfect deal for me that is." He replied with a chuckle and smirked looking at me.

"Ofcourse. I am sure no one can provide you with any better deal than what we have for you."

"What are we waiting for then? Bring it on."

The meeting began shortly with Mr. Steele explaining everything about the contract and why would it be beneficial for their company. I gave my input as and when needed and to be honest, I was really grateful for working under him because I had never seen a person speak with such confidence and passion. There was yet a lot that I had to learn from him and I was not going to let this opportunity slide.

Almost an hour and a half later, the meeting was done and both the men were shaking hands. There was a hint of relief and proud on Mr. Steele's face and a smile appeared on my lips. He definitely deserved it and much more.

Mr. Allerton's eyes once again raked me from top to bottom, almost eye raping me. I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat, trying to hide myself away, way away from him. I didn't want anything more than to just walk away from here.

"We shall take your leave now." I heard Mr. Steele speak from beside me with anger laced in his voice.

"Not before introducing me to this fine, young lady."

"She is Ms. Collins, my PA." He brought his hand forward for a shake and as much as I didn't want my hand anywhere near his, I had to shake hands with him because I didn't want him to end the contract with Mr. Steele because of my misbehavior.