Chapter five

Dylan's a werewolf, a group of hybrid humans. Or at least, that's how he put it.

He says they've been around longer than humans, they live in hiding. They're hunted, so they stay hidden. They live in packs, groups of wolves that live together in a small village. They're leaded by an Alpha and Luna, a male and female leader. They have advisors, the Beta and the female Beta. The Luna is the mother of the pack, nurturing and loving, while the Alpha leads them, handles paper work, and is tough. They balance each other out.

The Alpha King and Luna Queen rule over all Packs, the Rogue King and Queen rule over Rogues. Rogues are stray wolves that don't belong in a Pack. He says they're nasty, blood thirsty killers.

He told me about mates. Actual soul mates. I knew they existed, even if it was only for werewolves. They're made for each other by the Moon Goddess, a mystical women who is never seen, but exists. The mates are carefully chosen by her so that they fit perfectly together. A persons mate is their other half, and once they meet, it's hard to let go of each other. If something bad were to happen to one mate, the other would feel the pain. An Alpha tends to be more possessive and protective of their mates. Sometimes, if the human is strong enough, they get mated and turned by the wolf.

I must be strong, for my mate happens to be Dylan.

He told me that he's the Alpha of the Black Moon Pack, I was to be the Luna. Most if the Packs are named after a type of moon. The moon is the wolfs symbol. Each Pack has a certain amount of land that they live off of, some smaller than others. The Packs vary in sizes, Dylan's being the largest.

I sat on the edge of Dylan's bed while he told me this, trying to process the information. He told me it wouldn't be that hard for me since I was chosen to be his mate. He was right, I wasn't that shocked.

"Are you alright?" He asked after a while, leaning in front of me, his hands on my knees. I nodded my head with a small smile, running a hand through his hair. He closes his eyes and sighs at my touch, making my smile wider.

"I'm your mate" I state quietly. He nods, pushing me back on the bed softly, hovering above me.

"Which means your mine," he growls softly. "Which means no other man can touch you"

I giggle, running my fingers over his defined, naked chest. He presses his lips to my neck, kissing slowly down and then up to my lips. His eyes are dark, meaning his wolf is out. I don't cower back this time.

A wolf is the little voice inside of your head once you shift, it's a part of you. Dylan says that every wolf shifts five minutes before midnight on their sixteenth birthday.

I look to the clock on his night table, my heart rate picking up.

"Dylan" I say, sitting up. I try to stand but he pulls me back down on the bed, locking me under his body. "Dylan, I'm going to be late. My fathers going to kill me"

He growls, his eyes turning fully black.

"He won't touch what is mine" he growls, placing his lips on mine. I sigh under his touch, but push him back.

"Dylan, I need to go" I whimper, trying to push him off of me. This time he moves, but carries me bridal style down the stairs.

I understand. He says through his mind-link.

The mind-link is like talking to each other through their heads so no one can hear them. Dylan has a link with his pack, and now me. But I can't talk to him until I shift, which will happen soon.

I'll watch you tonight while you sleep, to make sure he doesn't touch you.

I shiver at the thought of him watching me while I sleep.