Chapter sixteen

"How long was I asleep?" I ask groggily as Tate sets me down on the carpeted floor. I stay standing next to him, even though I could be across the room, as far from him as possible.

"A few hours at the most. The boys didn't think we should wake you" he shuffles towards one of the cabinets, pulling out a white towel and handing it over to me. "They watched you along with the border lines, you were safe"

I take the towel from him and run my thumbs over the smooth material, then look around the room.

It's much bigger than the one he put me in. There's another window seat, the same as mine, and beside that is a small balcony that overlooks the village. We're on the highest floor of the Pack house. The walls are a dark shade of blue, like Tate's wolf, but there's one wall that has my brain turning. It's a silver wall. Spotless, the only thing occupying it is the window seat.

The bed is bigger than mine too, covered with blue bed sheets and four pillows. On one night side table is a picture of Tate and what I suppose is his family. Violet is in Tate's arms while Alpha Vincent and his wife stand together next to them, huge smiles are plastered onto all of their faces. The opposite night side table is empty, save for a small digital alarm clock. A door that leads to the bathroom is beside the bed. Across from the bed is a TV, mounted to the wall. Double doors sit next to the dresser, in which I assume is the closet.

"Is this your room?" I ask, turning back to him. I blush when I notice his still bare chest.

"It is" he answers smiling at my bright red cheeks. "Go shower. Dinners in an hour, if you care to join me"

The look on my face must've told him I was scared, nervouse, shocked and many more emotions that I couldn't register. I'm not ready to eat around other people, I'm barely comfortable around him, let alone Pack members.

"Don't worry, it can just be you and me if you want" he sets his hands on my waist and kisses my forehead. I sigh in relief, causing him to chuckle. "It'll be good, that way we can get to know each other better. I'll be out here with some clothes for you once your done"

He gently places a hand on my back and ushers me to his washroom. I close the door behind me, but I don't miss the cheeky wink he gives me before it shuts.

I find it sad how the bathroom is bigger than my bedroom back home. The jacuzzi tub takes up most of the space, then the shower with a clear glass panel going all the way around. The walls are white, the countertop is black. The tap for the sink is silver and square. When you lift the lever, the water flows down like a waterfall.

I strip from my clothes quickly and place the towel on the counter. All of my clothes are sticky and smell of sweat. I throw them into the corner next to the toilet.

I step into the fancy shower and let the warm water fall over my aching body. I haven't had a nice, warm shower in ages. My father always made me have cold showers to save on the bills, though he could take as hot as he wanted for as long as he wanted. I was allowed merely five minutes.

Standing in the shower gave me time to think about what has happened to my life. The thought of going back to my father had chills running up and down my spine. I don't know where my phone has gone, it's been such a hectic week that I don't have time for it anyway. But I can't even begin to imagine how many texts and calls I've gotten from Jason and my father. If I was ever to see them again, I'm sure my father would kill me. Literally.

And werewolves. Any ordinary person would have freaked out about the guy you liked, turning into a giant wolf right before your eyes. But there was something about the shift that stirred something inside of me. Something that had been trapped in the back of me for far to long. It's only now that I can feel it shifting, awakening. And I don't even know what it is.