Chapter 18

I woke up next morning in Ross's arms. I sniffed. Yep my nose was definitely still stuffed. Ross opened an eye immediately.

He touched the stub of my nose. "Do you need a tissue?"

I sniffed. "No." I touched my nose. The snot was starting to crumble. "Okay yes," I said.

Ross chuckled and got me a tissue. After I blew my nose loudly, Ross put our foreheads together. He quickly pulled away. "Okay you've still got a fever. You almost burned a hole on my forehead."

I laughed, appreciating his jokes right now. Ross got up to get me medicine. I tugged on the hem of his shirt.

"Don't leave me lonely! Can you just hold me? Together before I break," I pleaded.

Ross started nodding his head. "Hold on." He grabbed his guitar and started strumming a few chords. After a while he started to sing:

"You're on my mind

Every night.

And in the morning when I wake.

Don't leave lonely

Can you just hold me?

Together before I break."

I clapped. "Good improvising."

Ross smiled. "This perfectly describes you right now."

Suddenly a light bulb went off in my head. I grabbed Ross's guitar and started strumming a more upbeat tune.

"I...just can't breathe

Without you, without you.

I'm...so lonely

Without you, without you.

I...just can't be

Without you, without you.

Cuz today

You are all I need."

I sang the whole thing in a whisper. Ross looked at me, confused. "Wait...you play the guitar?"

I nodded. "Oh yeah. Having rich parents mean lessons. I've learned guitar, keyboard, flute, violin, drums, bass, cello, kazoo, tambourine, xylophone, bongos-"

Ross cut me off. "You're like a musical genius. Any other hidden talents?"

I thought for a while. "Yep. I've also taken swimming, gymnastics, tennis, soccer, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, hockey, polo, badminton, football, cricket, wrestling-"

Ross cut me off again. "Is there anything you can't do?"

I snapped my fingers. "Dance. I'm a horrible dancer."

Ross held out a hand. "WE CAN HAVE A BAND!"

"Ow!" I rolled off the bed when I heard that. "WHAT?" I asked.

Ross turned to face me. "It's perfect! Riker can play bass, Rocky can play guitar, Ryland is learning how to play drums-"

Just then we heard a BANG! from the other room. Ross winced. "Yep that's the drum genius right there." He shook his head and continued. "I can play backup guitar and Rydel-"

He stopped mid-sentence. "Yeah she's not gonna be in the band." He turned to face me again. "You can play keyboard!"

I nodded enthusiastically. "Sounds great! Oh one problem...your keyboard girl has a fever of 110 degrees and she still hasn't gotten her medicine."

Ross snapped out of his day dream. "Sorry hun, I'll go get it right now."

"I never said we were back together, thus you have no right to call me hun."

Ross waved a hand behind him. "Whatever babe!"

I smiled and fell back onto my bed.