Chapter 21

Suddenly, the girls turn around. "We're pretty much here to beat you until...hmm...you die I guess?"

They wisk out their hands in a karate style. "And maybe even hurt Rossy-boo too," they all mutter.

I jump into position. "Oh kill me all you want. Do NOT touch my Ross."

They giggle evilly and all six of them starts jumping around and chopping . I charge right for them. Easily, I take out three with my legs. I punch one in the face and head-butt one in the stomach. There was one last girl standing.

She charges right at me. I dodge easily and karate chop her when she comes under my arm. I pick her up and throw her into the heap of unconscious girls. "Namaste," I whisper.

Ross walks up to me to hug me. I seize his arm and slap him six times, three on each cheek. After Ross registers what just happened, I tiptoe and kiss him gently on the lips.

"Let's go," I say, picking up the bags and tugging his arm.

"Look Beatrice I was partying too hard and then-"

"Yeah yeah same old same old. Shut up before I change my mind."

Ross stops. "Why?"

I take a deep breath and turn around to face him. "It doesn't matter how many girls you screw, it doesn't matter how many times you break my heart, my stupid soul will always love you. The six slaps were for each girl you did and the kiss was because I needed to remind you I still love you. Got that? Good."

Ross runs a hand down my hair. "Good. Because no matter how many stupid things I do, I'll still love you." He gently slaps my bottom.

"Don't push it I'm still mad."

"Yes ma'am," Ross says quickly.

I smile and kiss him again.

***

"ONE AND A TWO AND A ONE TWO THREE FOUR!"

Ryland starts beating on the drums madly. "Ouch!" he yells.

We all stop to look at him. "I hit my finger," he says.

"We need to get a new drummer," Riker says. "Ryland, I think you're better off counting money."

Ryland nods and walks out. "That works too!" he calls out.

I start dancing for no reason. "Look look I think I'm actually dancing!" I call out.

Then I hit my head on the keyboard.

***

Ross opens the door to a dance studio called Rage. "After you," he says.

"Remind me why we're here again," I say.

"So you won't injure yourself dancing again. You blacked out on us for three hours. Not something I'd like to experience again."

I roll my eyes and walk in, immediately bumping into a girl. She was petite, about my height with curly brown hair and glassy blue eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry," I say. I extend my hand. "I'm Beatrice."

"She's Raelyn!" Ross calls out from behind me.

I smack him. "Oh shut up we're not performing!"

Ross staggers back and pretends to be hurt. "Ouch."

The girl giggles and shakes my hand. "I'm Kelly."

A guy with semi-floppy brown hair comes up behind her. "That's my boyfriend, Ellington."

I smile and wave.

The four of us sit down together on a mat and start talking. Turns out Ellington plays drums.

Ross snaps. "How would you," he imitates drums. "Like to be our drummer?"