Chapter 1: Guest Speakers

Disclaimer: I do not own the SVU characters, I only own the ones I added.

Emily's POV:

My name is Emily, I am 15 years old, and a sophomore in high school. I don't have a lot of friends because people think I'm weird. I tend to zone out a lot and day dream, but they also think I am weird because I am very smart, I am the best in my class at every subject. Today as school we have guest speakers coming to talk to us about sexual assault and rape and how to report it. Looking around I could see that people were just excited to get out of class. I was actually interested in what was going to be talked about. This is stuff everybody should know. 

"Come on, single file line." My teacher Mr. Rogers said. He was my math teacher. I actually love math, I am really good at it. We walked in the gymnasium and were ushered to the bleachers. The principle walked through the doors to introduce our guest speakers. Our principle was really cool, he enforces the rules of course, but he is really cool about it. 

"As you guys have figured out, we have some guest speakers today." He said, pausing for applause. I clapped excitedly while everybody else rolled their eyes and clapped unenthusiastically. 

"Well I'd like to introduce you to our guest speakers, the NYPD Manhatten Special Victims Unit." He said. I clapped even more, I love that the police have a specific unit to investigate sexual based crimes. Everybody else was not impressed. I felt something hit my head, I looked back to see the popular girls laughing at me as they threw more paper balls at me. I glared at them and turned around to pay attention to the guest speakers. I noticed five people walked in, four guys and one girl. We all applauded and then quieted down so they could introduce themselves.

"Hello, I am the captain of this unit, Captain Cragen, at Special Victims Unit, we focus on sexually based crimes, like rape, sexual abuse, and assault and child abandonment." He said handing the mic over to a guy. I clapped after everybody introduced themselves. 

"I am Detective John Munch." He said handing the mic down the line.

"I'm Detective Fin Tutuola." The next one said.

"I'm Detective Olivia Benson." The girl said passing down the mic to the last guy.

"I'm Detective Elliot Stabler." He said. I had a flash back to hearing my mom talking to my dad.

*FLASHBACK*

"She can't find out that you're not her biological dad." My mom Kathy said obviously stressing out.

"How would she find out?" My dad said.

"She's very curious like Elliot, she's the daughter of a detective, she will find out sooner or later." She said.

"Well we will worry about that then, stop stressing out now sweetie." He said kissing her forehead.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

It can't be. Is detective Elliot Stabler my biological dad? The one my mom mentioned? I think I will try and talk to him before they leave and ask if he knows my mom. I snapped out of my thoughts noticing that  everyone laughing at me and throwing things at me. I couldn't figure out why, then I realized that one of the detectives were trying to get my attention to ask me a question, but I wasn't paying attention.  All I heard was people chanting.

"Freak!" "Wow, what loser!"

Tears filled my eyes as I got up from my seat and ran down the stairs from the bleachers and out the gymnasium doors and was looking for a place to hide in the school grounds. I heard footsteps behind me and I got scared. I started sprinting and turned the corner and hid in the locker room.

"Hello?" I heard a man's voice, I couldn't make out which detective it was. Why is he running after me anyway? He should be in the gym talking to everybody else, not worrying about a loser like me. 

I was walking quietly around the locker room avoiding the detective hoping that he wouldn't find me, when I found an open locker and hid in it closing the door enough to be hidden, but opened enough so I wouldn't get locked in. I accidentally banged my head on the locker door and mentally slapped myself.

"Hello?" I heard him say again. When I saw him pass my locker, I noticed it was detective Elliot Stabler. He went down the hall I thought this was the perfect time to dart out. I opened the locker making a ridiculously loud noise, and I heard the detective start to move in my direction. I was sprinting out of the locker room and I saw the female detective, Olivia Benson, coming out of the gym. She saw me and then saw her fellow detective run out of the locker room after me. She started running after me and I started to panic.I turned the corner and ran into the pool area I quietly closed the gate and hid around the corner. Olivia looked through the open gated part of the pool area on the other side of where I was and she saw me. 

"She's in the pool area!" She yelled. I was so desperate that I took my phone out of my pocket and put it on the ground and took off my jacket. I jumped in the pool to try and hide. Not my best decision, but like I said, I was desperate. 

"She jumped in the pool Elliot!!" I heard a muffled yell from Olivia. I heard a splash near me. I knew I couldn't hold my breath any longer. I started to sink to the bottom of the pool and then I saw someone swimming towards me. That is the last thing I saw before passing out.