The Spartan Pit

-Vanessa's POV-

I woke up sprawled out across my bed in the same clothes from last night, and even noticed I was still wearing Colby's hoodie. I took in the intoxicating scent and recalled the events of last night, he admitted he liked me, but as much as I like him I can't take things further than they already are, not now. I was so exhausted I hadn't bothered to take a shower. When I looked at the screen of my phone, I was 10:28 so I decided to shower and get ready for the day, even taking a minute to rewatch the video I decided to title 'Dean's Drunkness".

I always looked forward to going to The Spartan Pit, it helped me become a better fighter, and more importantly, a better person. Of course I learned my high flying style from Evan Bourne, but I decided me being the new bad girl in the WWE was the perfect opportunity to switch up my in-ring style and become more versatile. I changed into my camo Fighter-Girl MMA shorts, black sports bra, and old shirt with the Spartan Pit logo that had a spartan helmet and three crossed spears. It fit me tighter around my chest area, if you know what I'm saying, but then again I first got it when I was 15. I remember having earned it the hard way, having worked my ass off day in and day out to I prove I belong in the Pit, despite being the only girl. Before I headed out I decided to cut the collar down the middle a couple inches since just wearing it made me feel like I was choking. 'Ahhh much better' I texted Colby letting him know that I was heading out a bit earlier than planned. Almost immediately he texted back.

'Cool. Dean's still asleep but I'll wake him up and get ready. see you there'

I felt nostalgic as I pulled into the empty lot next to the large warehouse. Chain link fencing topped with barbed wire surrounded the premises and as I grabbed my sports bag I grew excited. The large double doors we're covered with posters of those who trained here, including me, back when I had short hair, and from the inside I could hear music play. It was something we always did to get us pumped and give us a bit of an adrenaline boost, and as I opened the doors I saw the Pit in all it's glory. There were two ring set ups, the 20 by 20 and the octagon, both of which I grew very familiar with during my time here. I could also see several types of training equipment, weights and mats. Inside the octagon there were two people I recognized, a dirty blonde with clear blue eyes, a curly haired Derrick Bateman look-alike, and a two others outside the ring, watching.

"Knock him out Alex!" I called out to the dirty blonde in the ring, causing the short brunette girl with a French braid to turn around and squeal.

"Vanessa!" she ran up to me and gave a tight hug "I though you weren't coming until later?"

"Well you know me, Laura" I hugged her back, "wow you're growing fast" I chuckled realizing the now 18-year old was taller than when I had last seen her. The two men made their way out of the ring and Laura called back to the older man who had been watching.

"Dad! Vanessa's here!"

The bald headed man walked over with a smile on his face. "Vanessa it's good to see you"

"It's good to see you too, Sam" I smiled and was greeted by the other two.

"Headhunter! Headhunter!" the curly haired one, Brian, and Alex chanted the nickname I earned here in the Spartan Pit.

"Come on guys" I chuckled and set my bag down.

"Hey you're friends still comin'?" Brian asked as he gave me a quick hug.

"Yeah, they'll be here" I hugged Alex and tied my hair back into a bun, which caused the ends of my hair to stick up like rays of black and blonde sunshine.

"Well let's warm up meanwhile" Alex suggested and we started our session.

After wrapping my hands with tape and a good warm up I joined Laura in the octagon for some light sparring while her dad went for a nap in his office and the guys lifted some weights. She had improved over the past year and I was extremely proud of her. Once we were done we sat on a bench beneath an industrial sized ceiling fan and started chatting.