Wet Willie's

Renee thanked us and the camera crew. Our little group dispersed, leaving only the architect and myself, and I could feel my chest tightening in the uncomfortable silence. "How've you been?"

"Fine" that was all I could manage to say without my voice cracking.

"You look nice" his voice was low but it didn't make me feel any better.

"Thanks" I needed to get away from him ASAP but once I turned to leave he startled me.

"What's your problem? I'm trying to be nice to you and you're just giving me attitude!"

I've hardly said two words! How is that an attitude? "Seth please can we not do this right now?" My eyes started to sting when they met his.

"What the hell is going on with you and Dolph?" He growled lowly and stepped closer.

"What do you care?" I tried to walk past him only to have him grab me by the arm.

"I care because that's how it always starts! Look what happened to Brie and Bryan! Look at AJ and Phil!"

"Get your fucking hands off of me" I hissed.

"Whatever" he scoffed and walked away.

Once he was out of sight and I had a few moments to myself, I sighed and regained my composure. I had to do commentary on a match tonight and I had the rest of the week off until Sunday so I just needed to find a way to get through the day.

"Great now I feel a headache coming on" I grumbled as I walked down the corridor.

"Vanessa!" I heard someone calling me and turned around to see the Showoff himself.

"Hey" I smiled and just seeing him made my on-coming headache go away.

"How'd the promo go?" He put his arm over my shoulder as we walked towards gorilla.

I groaned only to have him let out a chuckle.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?"

"No, the promo was fine but it's just hard working with Seth. I don't know Nick, I'm really looking forward to Fast Lane, but I can't help but be nervous." I was nervous about having to be involved in such a huge match at the first ever Fast Lane pay-per-view, but more than that I was nervous about being on right before the double main event, which meant I had to put on an amazing match with Summer Rae. "You excited about being in the main event?" I hopped on a crate once we stopped walking and switched my title to my other arm.

"A No Disqualification Match, which I KNOW is gonna be a three-on-one assault? Looking forward to it" he rested his elbows on the crate and gave me a devilish smile.

"Oh, also what are you doing Friday?" I was planning on having another barbecue before Fast Lane. I

"Another barbecue?" He raised an eyebrow at me and I chuckled. "Of course"

"Hey! You can't go to Memphis and NOT have some barbecue."

"How are you not fat?" Dolph poked my exposed stomach and I quickly smacked his arm. "I'm kidding sweetheart" his smile was bright and genuine, but when my eyes met his, he surprised me with a kiss that made my heart flutter and sent chills throughout my body.

-
-
-

I sat ringside watching Summer's match against Layla and despite Layla's experience in the ring, Summer pulled a win out in the end. Afterwards, I walked alongside Naomi down the corridors with my title around my waist. Once we reached the catering area we sat down and snacked on some pretzels as we watched Dolph's match.