Validation

As soon as the bell rung, I charged at Nikki once more hitting her with a barrage of knees to her midsection and a vicious hair toss, throwing her out of the ring.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the opportunity Vanessa has been waiting for, the Diva's title is on the line, and this time no one is ring side to interfere" Michael Cole announced.

I felt something surging through my veins, it was a dangerous mix of adrenaline and aggression. I clenched my fist and looked out at Nikki who was struggling to get back up on her feet. I saw my opening and hopped onto the top turnbuckle and hit a missile drop kick, never missing a beat and rolled Nikki back into the ring. But as I slid back into the ring she got back up and hit me clothesline after clothesline, but as she went for a third I ducked and when we both turned to each other, I went for a falling overhead kick.

"And she connects!" I could hear Michael's voice begin to fade into the background and the crowd began to drown out as well. In my head all I could hear were the voices of those who doubted me, discouraged me and brought me down. They said my dreams were just a waste of time and a ridiculous fantasy, that I would never make it, and even if I did, I would never be champion.

"I'll prove them wrong!" I shouted out loud and dragged Nikki along and hoisted her up on the top turnbuckle.

"Cole what is she doing?!" JBL cried out as I set up and hit a hurricanrana, but it backfired when Nikki pushed me down to the canvas.

I groaned and could hear the crowd's muffled roar as Nikki stood atop the turnbuckle to go for a diving cross body. 'Damnit... no... it won't go down like this' I thought I myself and struggled to get back up, but as she came down I hit her square in the jaw with a superkick that sent her reeling and the sound of the impact echoed. This was the perfect opening. I hopped out onto the apron and looked out at the crowd and ran my fingers through my hair. This was really happening. Without missing my mark I hit a perfect Starcrossed Wasteland and went for the cover.

It seemed like an eternity but when the ref finally counted to three I was overwhelmed with some many emotions that I didn't know what to feel. "Ladies and gentlemen, your NEW WWE Diva's Champion... Vanessa!" As the ref handed me the title and raised my hand, I knew that I had finally validated myself and forever left my mark in history. I fell to my knees in the middle of the ring and as I clutched the title in my hands, I couldn't break my gaze away from it. This was all I ever wanted since I was a kid, and it was finally mine. I was finally a champion not only in my own eyes, but in the eyes of the the WWE Universe.

As I made my way backstage, I was attacked by all the girls and nearly hugged to death. They surrounded me with their love, support and compliments.

"Thanks guys, I'm gonna head to the locker room. Kinda need a minute to wrap my head around this" I let it a small chuckle as I gazed at my title once again. "I'll see you guys later" I waved to everyone as I walked away with a huge smile on my face and warm tears rolling down my cheeks.