Chapter 4

~

I Entered my chambers and Immediately dropped into a chair, beside a tall stack of books.

Once I'd taken a short walk, I felt much better, But also even more exhausted than I was before.

My gaze shifted to the walls, curtains and bedding, All a deep blood red colour.

And even if I was a Vampire, I hated the colour and the image that came with seeing it.

The Pond of Blood at my feet, Smothered all over my hands, staining my fangs red.

I jumped out of my chair, Ripping the red from every surface, Bed, Wall and even the floor, Until there was no red at all.

And Though I was half witch, I hadn't learnt most spells yet, Not even the colour changing charm that would've been much easier to use.

I ran out into the halls, down several flights of stairs with the curtains bunched in my arms, and finally stopped when I was far from the castle, In a secluded area hidden from all eyes, but mine.

I dumped them on the ground, throwing a flame onto the pile and watched it burn until it was nothing but ashes.

'I must seem like such a Psycho right now, Burning curtains in a random grass patch.' I laughed to myself.

I found myself walking back to the castle, Staring up at the towers before my gaze landed on a familiar red-head lurking in the corridor, with a pack of 6th years gaining in on her.

"Well if it isn't little miss Gayling, In our way once again." The Girl and what looked to be her boyfriend both chimed.

Her little gang all followed behind them, Her followers, or just Foolish little shits.

She twirled her brown curls around her finger, Using her other hand to push Eileen's books out of her arms and onto the floor.

"Oh No! I'm so sorry!" She spat, Glaring her down. "Maybe you just stay the fuck out my way next time, Huh?"

'What the actual fuck!?' I growled, gritting my teeth so hard I thought might shatter any second now.

Once they began to kick her to the ground, That was it, I'd had enough of this.

"Who the fuck do you think you are exactly?" I said, stepping between her and Eileen.

And My sudden appearance they all jumped, slowly backing away, One of the most satisfying and dissatisfying feelings ever.

But this time, I was certainly enjoying, Especially since they were bullies.

I've hated bullies ever since my very first year when I too was bullied.

"Y-You're- A-" She stuttered, preparing to run for her life when I flashed my white fangs in a wide smile.

"A-A-A What?" I said, towering over her and growling under my breath. "Say it."

She ducked, Holding her hands over her head as if in defence.

"A VAMPIRE!" She shrieked. "Please don't hurt me."

I merely laughed, Smirking evilly down at her.

And by now, Her entire gang of posh Gryffindors fled, Even her so-called 'Boyfriend.'

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you," I said kindly, dropping my tone low and deep when I continued. "But if you ever harm her again, I won't hesitate to break your neck in an instant." 

She finally gained the courage to look up at me, into my piercing silver eyes.

"Got it?" 

She stayed silent but nodded quickly anyway, fleeing immediately as I dismissed her with a single wave of my hand.

I whipped back around to the laughing little girl behind me, already bursting into a laughing fit on the ground.

"What's so funny?" I smirked, Chuckling a little myself.

"I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE." She said, now red in the cheeks. "Especially from the Lorelei Whitley."

At that, I frowned, Lending her a hand to help back up to her feet.

"You're Alright though?" I asked, gathering her books in a pile and carrying them in my arms as we began to walk.

"Heck Yes! Now I am!" She beamed, A little ray of sunshine now jumping in excitement and dancing around in the corridor.

"Are you actually going to hurt her though?" She asked with a slight smirk curling at the corner of her mouth, even as she nestled into her green scarf it was still visible.

As much as I wanted to, I would never do it, I could never harm a human.

"No, Sadly, But I would've liked to." I sighed sadly. "If only I was allowed."

At that, She shrunk a little bit, Sad, Until she started clinging to my leg.

"Thank you for that, No one has ever stood done that for me before." She said.

Never before had I had a little friend as small as her, Adorable even, Which was unusual since I used to hate children.

But this one was different...

I smiled down at her. "It was the least I could do." I shrugged.

Ahead of us, I could see the doors of the Great hall, I could smell the food lying beyond them

And Now, I felt a slight rumble in my stomach, Eileen's did the same as well, A clear sign of hunger.

"Now how about we get some lunch before your next class?" I said, She nodded instantly.

"Oh, Yes, Please!

I began to walk, But instead of catching up, Eileen just stayed still for a second.

She merely stared at her feet, Nestling her nose deep into her striped scarf of green and silver.

"What's wrong?"

Her eyes met mine, Bright and shimmering blue eyes, As a tear slid down her rosy red cheeks.

"I've never had a friend before, Or anyone, Not even family," she whispered.

I knelt beside her, wiping away her tear with a gentle swipe of my hand.

Now that I could see her properly, She was smiling, really genuinely smiling at me.

"Well, now you have me," I said with a kind smile. "And you'll never have to be alone ever again."

Her warm hands shook as I took them in mine and held them tight.

She smiled at the action, Squeezing my hands back as tight as she could.

"Now, Come on Eileen, Our food awaits us!" I said, She laughed.

This time she proudly walked by my side, Grinning as wide as humanly possible.

She was Proud, Confident and Most importantly.. 

Happy.