23 | Slow

I'm quiet you know

You make a first impression

I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

-Howie Day, "Collide"

Rachel

"Rach, baby, don't you think you've had enough?" Miles asked as I took another shot of Grey Goose. "Remember what happened last time?"

Luke snorted and gave Jessica a knowing look. "She barfed everywhere," he stage-whispered.

I flashed Miles a lopsided grin. "Yeah, I remember..." I leaned over and pulled him toward me by his collar, whispering in his ear. "I remember you shoving me against the shower wall and..." His face turned scarlet and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me to my feet.

"Rachel and I have to go to bed now. Goodnight, brother, goodnight Jessica. Don't stay up too late," he called over his shoulder, and I waved, winking at them.

He closed the door behind us, pushing me gently against it. "You little minx," he murmured.

I smiled, running my finger down the middle of his chest. "You know what you do to me, Miles. You were the one running your hand across the small of my back all night."

He shrugged. "True," he said, unable to deny it.

"You want to repeat the shower scene of 2018?" I whispered, pulling my sundress over my head.

"Oh, hell yes," he growled, picking me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist.

He walked us into the bathroom, sitting me on the counter. I pulled his shirt over his head, dropped it on the floor, then unbuttoned and unzipped his shorts. He slid my underwear off easily, picking me up and taking me into the shower, turning the water on hot.

"Rachel – " he started, but I held my finger against his lips.

"Shhh, don't talk. Kiss me," I murmured, and his lips met mine, electricity coursing through my veins like the very first time.

"Mmmm," he moaned, and I parted my lips to allow him full access to my mouth. He deepened the kiss, running his hands through my hair wildly.

I pressed myself as close to him as I could, but I longed to be closer.

"Miles, please," I pleaded.

His blue eyes met mine, and they were smoldering. 

"What, Rachel?" he asked, his voice low and husky.

"Take me."

He growled and kissed me again before he gave me what I craved.

Jessica

Luke and I cleaned up the Monopoly board and lay back on the couch, our feet on the coffee table.

"Do they do that a lot?" I asked.

Luke wrinkled his nose. "What?"

"Totally leave a party to get it on?" I asked, the alcohol loosening me up a bit.

He laughed. "That's my brother you're talking about," he said, pretending to gag.

"Oh yeah... sorry," I said, laying across the couch, laughing my ass off.

"But to answer your question: yeah, they do that a lot. They're kind of disgusting," he answered matter-0f-factly, snorting with laughter.

I hooted with laughter, knowing that it really wasn't all that funny, but I tended to get really giggly when I drank.