Chapter Thirty-Seven

After capturing Loki, we did go get shawarma like Tony asked. He did deserve it, after stopping the alien invasion. We had sent Loki and Thor back the next day after the invasion. I was glad to have him gone. No longer having to worry about a power-crazed demi-god is a good thing. After sending Loki off, Steve had taken me to a hospital about my stomach. Luckily, it wasn't that bad, but I have been bedridden for the past few days. Since I still some pain when I walk, Steve forces me to stay in bed. 

"I'll get it," Steve said as he got out of the bed and fetched me the T.V. remote from the nightstand. He kindly turned on the T.V. while he was up and walked back to the bed and handed me the remote. 

"I could have gotten it. You didn't have-"

"I wanted to," he quickly said. I sighed deeply and snuggled myself into his chest. He wrapped his arm around me and I buried my head in the crook of his neck. I then started looking for something for us to watch and came across a movie called, 'Titanic'. We watched it for some time and I felt myself start to become hungry. I noticed that Steve had fallen asleep and I would feel bad if I wake him up to make me something.

I slowly removed myself from his grip and quietly snuck out of the bed. I then quietly left the room and made my way to the kitchen. I glanced at the clock and realized that it was now a little passed ten. I opened the fridge and I bent down slightly to see the contents, only to be greeted by some pain in my stomach. 

I dealt with the pain and bent a little further to reach for some yogurt that Steve had gotten the other day. It was strawberry and banana flavored and I absolutely loved it. I tried to take two yogurt cups apart, using as little noise as possible. But, just as they broke apart, they made a loud snapping sound and I closed my eyes, waiting for Steve's voice to call my name. 

But there was silence. I opened my left eye and then my right and sighed in relief. I put the remaining yogurt cups back in the fridge and closed the door. I walked to the drawer with the silverware and grabbed a spoon and closed the drawer with my hip. I then leaned against the kitchen counter, enjoying every second as I ate the yogurt. Every time I ate it, it always felt like absolute heaven for me. Banana and strawberry are the perfect combination for a yogurt flavor. 

After I finished eating, I snuck into the room and slowly snuggled back into Steve's chest. I deeply sighed as I rested my head on his chest. "If you wanted something to eat, you could have asked," he said, slightly startling me. I looked up at him and smiled nervously. 

"You already do so much for me. You're constantly waiting on me for my every need. You deserve a little rest," I told him. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me on my forehead. 

"I don't mind it. All I care about is you recovering, which walking around isn't going to help," he said. I smiled slightly and cupped his cheek in my hand. 

"You worry too much," I said as I rubbed my thumb along his cheek. He smiled as he covered my hand with his and rubbed his thumb along my hand. 

"And you're quite careless," he pointed out. I chuckled lightly and nodded my head. "I love you, Danielle," he murmured. I pecked his lips and smiled happily. 

"I love you too, Captain." I said softly. When I'm with Steve, I feel nothing but happiness. I feel safe when I'm in his arms, I feel loved. I feel things that I've never thought I'd feel about another person. The way he worries about me, even over the littlest things, makes me love him even more. I love when he's shy about certain things. And when I watched him order everyone like a real captain, made me happy. He's better than any man I could ever dream of. I'm happy I can proudly say he's mine.

"We should visit your mom tomorrow," he suddenly said. I furrowed my brows and a smile formed on my lips. 

"Really? You want to voluntarily see her?" I asked him. He chuckled lightly and nodded his head. 

"I'm sure you want to spend as much time with her. And I have to talk to her about something myself." He said. I slightly cocked my head to the side. 

"What is it about?" I asked him. 

"It's between me and your mother." He said. I pouted slightly. 

"Tell me," I begged. He shook his head. "Come on, tell me," I begged again. He refused to tell me. "Not even a hint?" He shook his head. 

"You'll find out sooner or later." He said. I shot up, feeling some pain in my stomach but I ignored it. 

"Steven Grant Rogers, if you do not tell me what you need to speak to my mother about I'll-"

"You'll what?" He asked with a sly smirk. I opened my mouth to say something, but in all honesty, I didn't know what I'll do. If I wasn't hurt, I'd probably challenge him to some boxing or something along those lines, but with this wound, I'm limited to things. None of which are threatening material. 

"Fine, I won't do anything. But I'll think of something before the night is over. I promise you that." I said in my most threatening tone. He chuckled and pulled me into his chest, bringing the covers over us and he wrapped his arms over me. 

"You should rest," he said softly. 

"I'll rest once you tell me what you have to talk to my mom about," I said under my breath. He sighed deeply and pressed his lips against my head. 

"Good night," he whispered. I reluctantly closed my eyes and easily drifted to sleep.