Chapter Forty-Four

A/N: So, the rest of the story will be in third person, since first person has been a bit difficult for me to do. Also, I'm sorry for not updating in a long time, but I finally got some inspiration for this story. So, bear with me if it's not all that great.

*****************************

Months have gone by since Danielle and Steve had wed. They absolutely enjoy the idea of being each other's life partners and they're happy. After their honeymoon, the two have been on a search for apartments, and managed to find a perfect sized one in Washington D.C., since they've been re-located at SHIELD's Triskelion. 

"No, Steve. The bed is not going on there." Danielle argued. 

"And why not?" He questioned. She placed her hands on her hips. 

"Because, I don't want to walk into the room and the first thing I see is our bed. I'd feel exposed if the bed was there." She explained. For a week or so, the two have been slowly unpacking their stuff. It would have taken them only a few days, but with only the two of them doing the unpacking, plus working and their busy schedules, they could hardly fit in time to actually move in. But luckily, they only have the kitchen and their room to unpack.

"But that's the longer wall. We could fit the bed and the dresser over there." Steve explained. Danielle shook her head. 

"I am not letting the bed and dresser go there. It'll look tacky."

"Maybe if you were doing more heavy lifting, then maybe you can have a say in this." He laughed lightly. He then made his way to her side and gently rubbed her growing stomach. It's only been a few months since Danielle found out she was pregnant, and the two were excited about having their first child. Ever since then, she hasn't been able to go on missions and Steve won't allow her to get stressed or do any serious lifting. 

"Don't try to butter me up." She said as she playfully poked his chest. He gave her a small peck on her cheek as he continued to rub her stomach. 

"I'm simply showing my wife affection." He explained. He still couldn't get over that title that she held. Mrs. Rogers. Hearing or even thinking about it made him smile like an idiot.

"Mhm, okay, whatever you say, Captain." Her eyes met his. "But I still want the bed on this side." She told him. He let out a defeated sigh and nodded his head. Though he thinks his way was better, he didn't want to cause an unnecessary argument. He did as she said and placed the bed on the left side of the room instead of the right side. Of course, they bickered back and forth about where the dresser should go and how this and that would be set up. 

After a few hours, they managed to tackled their bedroom and were now in the middle of unpacking the kitchen. Danielle absolutely loved it, seeing how it reminded her of their honeymoon in Hawaii some months ago. The kitchen's layout was much similar to the room that Tony had been kind enough to rent out for them.

"So, is there a chance I'd wake up to breakfast in bed, again?" Danielle asked Steve as she placed a few plates in a cabinet. Steve smiled as he picked up a crock-pot and walked towards a shelf. 

"Maybe," he chuckled to himself. "I take it you enjoyed waking up to breakfast in bed?" He asked her. She nodded her head. 

"Of course. It's not often a girl can say that Captain America made them Portuguese bacon, rice, and eggs. And it tasted a lot better than what the locals could do." She praised him. He smiled happily. 

"You know, I think we should go there again. Maybe after the baby is born. A family trip, maybe?" He suggested. Danielle smiled and nodded her head. She really did enjoy it there. She enjoyed sailing Hawaii with Steve. It was romantic and very exciting to see such a beautiful landscape. Bringing their child along would only make it a hundred times more enjoyable. 

"Maybe if we're lucky, we could get at least a week off from work." She added. After much work, they finally managed to finish unpacking the kitchen and seeing how both were too exhausted to cook, they ordered delivery for the night. Even now, the two still needed a lot to learn about the new ways of the present and have managed to get used to they way things work. For instance, Steve has gotten better using the internet, while Danielle still struggled with it most of the time.

But as long as she had Steve by her side, the internet slowly became easier to understand. Though they may be out of their time, the two are slowly, yet quickly learning the things of the present. It may take time for them to fully understand, but in the end, it's worth it.