Users of Financial Statements

Who uses financial statements? Why they want to know the financial statements of a business?

(Hindi lang pala sa atin may users, accounting din pala hahaha jk)

-

Users of Financial Statements

Internal Users - those who make decisions

1. Managers - those who plan, organize and run the business.

2. Owners - provide the capital of the business.

External Users - who make their decisions

1. Investors - to know if the company has the ability to pay dividends for them to determine whether they will buy, hold or sell their investments.

2. Employees - to know if the company has the ability to pay salaries and give benefits.

3. Lenders - to know if the company has the ability to pay debts on time.

4. Suppliers - just like the lenders, they want to know if the company has the ability to pay debts and if the company is loyal to them.

5. Customers - to know if the company has the ability to exist over a long period of time and to be a continuing source of supply.

6. Government Agencies - to know if the company has the ability to pay tax.

7. Public - to know if the company has contribution to the economy.

8. Management - to determine the activities of the company.

9. Creditors - to assess credit worthiness.

10. Government and Regulatory Bodies - to ensures if the company is in accordance with the rules and regulations.

**
Frias, S. ABM