RA 9298

Before we start, let's define first the words profession and occupation. A lot of people are confuse between the meaning of these two words. (Ako din dati haha)

Profession is a common body of knowledge that can be learned though formal education while Occupations are grouped into professionals, managers and proprietors, clerical workers and laborers. (Professionals are at the top of the list!)

The next lesson includes a law which is the Republic Act 9298. Medyo madugo to! Haha. Enjoy studying!!

-

Scope of the Practice of Accountancy

According to the Philippine Accountancy Act of 2004 (RA 9298), the practice of accountancy shall include, but is not limited to, the following: 

1. Practice of Public Accountancy
2. Practice in Commerce and Industry
3. Practice in Education or Academe
4. Practice in Government

Expanded Services of Accountants

*Tax Services
*Management Advisory Services
*Compilation, Review, Bookkeeping, Data-Processing Services and Agreed-upon Procedures

Certification of Accountants

1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) -accountant who has passed the examination conducted by the Board of Accountancy under the administration of the Philippine Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)

2. Certified Management Accountant (CMA) -accountant who has passed the examination by the Institute of Management Accountancy of the National Association of Accountants.

3. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) -accountant who has passed the uniform examination by the Institute of Internal Auditors.

**
Ps. Si President GMA ang pumirma sa RA 9298 noong 2004.