Branches of Accounting

(Hindi lang puno ang may branches, accounting din hahaha.)

-

Auditing - the examination and verification of company accounts and the firm's system of internal control.  

a. External Auditor - primary obligation is to users of financial statements outside the organization.

b. Internal Auditor - primary responsibility is to company management.

Bookkeeping - gathering of financial information   

Cost Accounting - analyzed the cost incurred by the business  

Financial Accounting - supplying financial statements; focuses on external users.

Financial Management - focus on the capital

Management Accounting - emphasizes the preparation and analysis of accounting information within the organization; focuses on internal users.

Tax Accounting - based on laws enacted through the legislative process. Tax accountants help entities minimize their tax payments.  

Government Accounting - used by all branches of the government  

Fund Accounting - used for nonprofit entities, including governments and not-for-profit corporations.

a. General fund - used for day-to-day operations.

b. Special fund - established to fund specific objectives.

Forensic Accounting - use of accounting in legal matters.

Accounting Education - responsible for training future accountants

Accounting Research - creating new knowledge

**
Credits to Investopedia, BYU and Cabrera. Happy learning everyone! Ps. I'm on vacation so the updates are kinda slow.