Chapter 2 Surprised Face At The Ready

Sherlock's POV

Evanna opened the door to the living room and gasped.

We all shouted "Surprise!"

Her brown eyes scanned the faces that stood smiling at her; from John and Mary, Lestrade, Mycroft, and Molly who had brought her cat, to Mrs Hudson who carried a tray of coffee for her.

"Wha-" she started, but stopped when she saw me.

Making her way through the masses of balloons that covered the floor, she pulled me into a quick hug and said "Thank you Sherlock. This is perfect. I'm so glad you're alive"

I rapidly opened my eyes and returned from the depths of my imagination when I thought I heard a noise. Directing my aural focus to the origin of the sound, a breath of relief escaped me when I realised it was simply a drunk on the pavement below my bedroom window.

What was the point of sleep? Especially after what I was expecting to happen tomorrow -that is if Molly did as I told her to. After the, what Mary called, "atrocious" attempt at telling John I was alive, I had been forced to "step up my game" in the case of Evanna by everyone else.

Consequently, much to my dismay, the idea of a surprise party was suggested. I can't remember by who -I wasn't listening.

However, I wanted Evanna to be happy and to make this bearable for her. From what Mycroft told me, she had become somewhat of a recluse after my departure. I felt to some extent responsible.

This gathering had to be perfect, after all I had spent two solid weeks making preparations. And this night was no different; I refused to sleep or eat due to being occupied with last minute arrangements. Noticing my dedication, John said to me "Might get you to plan the wedding". I took this offer. On second thoughts I think he was joking, but Mary seemed to like the idea.

Another clatter sounded from the street; I assumed it was another member of the drunken scum of the Earth and, ignoring it, I went back to scribbling down further preparations.

Evanna's POV

BANG!

Without a moment's hesitation, I had kicked down the door and manoeuvred my fragile frame through the splintered black wood.

"Evanna!" hissed Molly. "You're being crazy!"

"Shut up" I replied, sprinting up the stairs.

It was dark, but I knew this place like the back of my hand and managed to find the right door without any difficulty.

"What the-" I shouted as I opened the door to their living room.

I felt things brush by my face, they were attached to the walls and ceiling and were made of different materials.

"Molly!" I demanded, my voice shaking. "Molly!"

"Yes!" she panted, arriving behind me and clutching the doorframe for support.

"There's something in this room"

Placing a hand on my shoulder which I did not remove straightaway, she said with a sad smile "I know" before switching the light on.

The living room of the flat that I remember used to be decorated in a traditional style (browns, greys, with wooden features) but with the odd unique quirk here and there. However at this particular moment in time the design, with which I had become accustomed with, had been defaced by party decorations.

Streamers were suspended from the ceiling and lighting feature in a colour scheme that reminded me of a young girl's 5th birthday party. Assorted balloons stuck to the corners of the room, as well as a few dotted on the floor and around Sherlock's leather armchair. The strange bison skull on the wall had on a party hat on as well as the Union Jack headphones that usually adorned it. I moved further into the room to look at the largest decoration in the room which was a ridiculously large banner reading Welcome Back Evanna! with a particularly unflattering photograph of me next to it. I threw up a little in my mouth at the mere sight of it.

"Surprise" said a deep voice from the doorframe through which I had just come.

I whisked round to see my uncle standing with arms crossed in front of his chest, his lips twisted into a smirk.

I should have been happy, I should have run over and embraced him, I should have laughed with joy. I should have done all these things.

But instead I marched over to him and punched him in the nose.

Bringing my arm back for better momentum to punch again, my fist was grabbed by a shocked Molly Hooper.

"Still a better reaction than John" muttered Sherlock as he angled his head downwards in an attempt to stop the bleeding. "As long as you don't decide to hit me again"

"Don't try me" I snapped at him, freeing my fist from Molly's grasp and setting my hands by my side.

Sherlock removed his thin fingers from the bridge of his nose and glanced at Molly who said straightaway "I'm sorry. It slipped out"

"I anticipated this Molly" he replied calmly. "I chose you to pick her up from the airport because I know you can't keep your mouth closed when it comes to most secrets"

"I don't bloody care if you prophesied this!" I screamed at him. I was sick and tired of how clever he constantly thought he was and so I didn't have any patience anymore. "Why didn't anyone tell me? You died Sherlock Holmes! You died! There is no logic here. I must be dreaming"

I slapped myself hard in the face to try and snap myself out of this ridiculous reverie. When I saw nothing had changed I did so three more times, Sherlock and Molly standing and gaping powerlessly. Leaping onto the brown sofa, I ripped down the banner and frantically pulled streamers off the ceiling.

"You had my number! You could have called!" I shrieked, throwing the streamers in his direction.

"I-"

"Three months the whole continent knows you've been back from the fucking dead!" I interrupted, trying to burst balloons with the heel of my boot.

"Ev-"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU DID TO ME?" I bellowed, finally collapsing into a heap on the floor, tears streaming from my eyes.

"Evanna" he said as he knelt down to my level, placing his left hand on my now, what I imagined to be, crimson cheek. "It was wrong of me, I know. And I'm sorry. But faking my death had to be done. What I did, which meant you and I and everyone else I care about had to endure immense hardship, was necessary to destroy the threat of Moriarty"

"So he's definitely gone?" I whispered feebly, my entire physical and mental being shaking.

With a quick smile that appeared and disappeared in the blink of an eye he replied with one word.

He said "Yes"

Next thing I know I'm hugging him. I'm hugging him even tighter than when we said goodbye.

And whilst inhaling the musky smell of London that he emanated, I realised I was never actually angry at him.

I just missed him immensely.

***

Hello.

I hope you liked the slight violence in that. There will be a fair amount of violence and stuff in this book because I like violence.

It's also a cool word.

Violence. Violence.

Anyway...

Also feels at the end. So many feels are planned too, especially for the ending I have arranged *evil laugh of Moffat*

You will truly hate me for that I can guarantee it.

But for now, I hope you enjoyed the blissful innocence and happy rainbow flowers that came with this chapter.