Chapter 6 I'd Call It Heavy Persuasion

Evanna's POV

I was standing by the windowsill watching.

Just watching. Watching the busy hive that was London, with the River Thames as its principal source of nectar. Everyone had a job, a function, a purpose, and if you didn't then there was something very wrong. The city never calls for aimless wanderers.

"Is that her?" Sherlock asked.

I looked down, replying "Yes"

Molly paid the cabbie and, hauling her bags higher onto her shoulders, walked into 221B.

"Molly!" cried Sherlock as she entered the room. "Let me take those"

He grabbed her many bags from her, as well as her coat and dumped them rather ungracefully on his armchair. She didn't protest, but rather looked quite freaked out by his unnatural behaviour.

"Tea?" he asked, smiling widely and clapping his hands together.

Lost for words, Molly managed to say "No thank you" amidst a lot of urms and ahhs.

But nevertheless, with a frankly slightly scary grin, Sherlock turned to me demanded I go make Molly a cup of tea.

"But-"

"Evanna" he said sternly, making strange movements with his eyes.

Subtle.

I walked into the kitchen, thankful for the open-plan design of the flat as I flicked the switch on the kettle and prepared to listen in.

Sherlock's POV

"Please erm... sit down" I muttered, gesturing to an empty seat.

Molly complied, removing her scarf and placing it on her lap.

"I came straight after work" she explained. "Have you got a case?"

I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from telling her how obvious that statement was, since I needed her on my side.

"Yes I do! And I need your help Molly Hooper" I cried, kneeling down in front if where she was sitting.

"Well, erm, I'd be glad to help. Go on" she smiled.

"We need," I began, cautious of how I worded my request "access to all patient files on the NHS. And clearance to visit wards. Even ones in isolation. And... two lab coats"

She didn't say, nor do, anything.

"Plus a nurse's fob watch would be nice" I added.

Her glare was as cold as ice.

"Your, erm, your hair looks nice Molly" I said, trying to win her over.

"That won't work on me, Sherlock" she ssnapped holding her chin high. "Not anymore"

Needless to say, this reaction shocked me: I had never expected her to decline. So I stood up and moved away from her.

"Do you understand that I could lose my job?" she hissed, blowing air hard out of her nose. "Does that mean nothing to you?"

"You helped me fake my death! And you've helped me out with experiments before!" I protested.

"Yes but it's not like I just steal eyeballs from the recently deceased" she shouted, standing up. "Those people donated their bodies to science!"

"But we need this" I begged, moving towards her.

"I can't break the confidentiality agreement! Sherlock I'd love to help you, you know I would. But I can't" Molly's voice softened. "I'm sorry but I can't risk it"