Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I couldn’t wait for Monday. This was defiantly the first time I was excited about going to school but now Vic and I are friends, I hope it will be great. I pulled on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a black Vans t-shirt and a pair of my toms. I grabbed my phone and texted Vic, telling him I would be waiting outside. I walked into the kitchen and saw my dad sitting at one of the stools.

“Morning!” I said cheery and he groaned at me.

“What’s so good about a Monday morning?” he asked and I grabbed a bowl and poured myself some cereal. It was hilarious seeing him hung over on Mondays; usually he’s asleep until noon so when he’s awake in the morning I just love seeing him like this. After all Sunday night is Vodka night.

“Nothing” I shrugged and took a big bite of my cereal.

“Where did you end up Friday?” he asked me. I stayed silent for a little while hoping he would drop it or wouldn’t care but he kept staring at me.

“A friends” I said while eating. He laughed.

“A faggot like you actually has friends!?” he remarked

“Yeah actually he’s the guy who kicked your ass” I shot at him and anger filled his eyes. “Gotta go” I said and quickly got up grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder. I ran out the door and just on time too because Vic was pulling up in front of my house. I climbed into the front seat and saw Mike sitting in the back.

“Hey guys” I smiled and Vic smiled at me, his eyes trailing over my body. My eye flickered down to admire his body and outfit. He wore a short sleeve red button up with little white designs on it and a pair of black skinny jeans.

“You look cute” Vic said. He really wanted us more than friends didn’t he? Then again he himself looked fairly cute too… I rolled my eyes at Vic and at my own thought then looked at Mike who looked disgusted.

“Seriously? Guys right here?” He said and I laughed

“We’re just friends Mike” I said and Vic rolled his eyes at me this time.

“Yeah sure friends, I love the way you just undressed Vic with your eyes Kellin very friendly of you” Mike teased and I felt a blush rising to my cheeks. I faced the window so neither of them could see my face.

Vic drove away from my house and we all listened to Mike talking away again. I liked the fact he talked a lot, it meant no awkward silences. The school came into view faster than expected. I smiled to myself knowing that I had music first, with Vic. Also with the fact I had finally finished my music assignment with Justin, Gabe, and Jack Saturday night and Sunday morning. I jumped out of the car and Vic was right beside me when I did. He had a smile on his lips and I felt my stomach fill with butterflies just from looking at him.

“What?” he said and I quickly looked away

“Nothing” I muttered “Let’s go” I said and started walking towards the school. Mike was beside Vic while we walked in until we met up with Tony and Jaime. Everyone was staring at me; I’m guessing because I was hanging out with the 3 people everyone feared the most at this school. Brad walked passed me and glared at me.

“Kellin??” I heard a voice say

“Hm?” I said not knowing who said it

“The bell went” I turned to see it was Vic talking

“Oh right music” I said and walked beside him heading to class. My thoughts were so blurred today and I don’t even know why. Vic makes my brain turn to mush and everything is confusing. Up is down, down is us, black is white, and white is black. It’s all very confusing and I think he knows what he does to me. Music class was already filled with the other students when we arrived so Vic and I took our normal spots at the back corner quickly. Mrs. Tuscan started talking and telling us about how we were going to be graded and then the students started going. A few of them had singing but most of them were instrumental.