Chapter 6

Chapter 6: The Mangetsu Clan House

Kakashi's POV:

"Damn Kakashi, what did you do this ninken?!" Tsume cursed, as her daughter, and Konoha vet, Hana, looked over Kaito. Tsume was the head of the Inuzuka Clan and Kiba's mother.

"He's been stabbed seven time in his right side." Hana reported, prepping Kaito on her table. She was Tsume's oldest daughter. She is respected as a very capable veterinary medic nin in the village. She stopped momentarily to give me a dirty look.

I sighed, under their disapproving gaze. No one could say the Inuzuka's did not care for their animals. Kaito had been difficult to take down, which was odd with his chakra sealed, but not uncommon. When your body is pumped with adrenaline, and the mind thinks its is fighting a real threat, it was only natural. Plus, I was trying my best not to add to his already acquired injuries, and the terrified images he was living out there in the Forest of Death. I could still visually picture the feral look in his eyes, and I ended up using the sharingan on him."The assailant a single kunai on him." I informed.

"I hope Ibiki unleashed all levels of hell upon him." Tsume snarled, crossing her arms, eyes switching to Kaito.

"Kaito seen to the mans death." I said, slouching against the wall, as I watch Hana work.

"What did you think you were doing anyway Kakashi? Your smarter than this." She growled the question, switching to another topic.

I gave her a look to simplify her question, so that I would know what she was talking about.

"The ninken. What was he doing out in the village without your company? He's the new one, isn't he?" She growled.

Some part f me did not like letting her growl willingly at me, but Tsume had a wild and impatient personality, so I blatantly ignored the urge to accept her challenge to my leadership of my own ninken. "I was hoping by not treating him like a prisoner, I would be able to gain a since of trust between us."

As soon as the words left my mouth, Tsume's hand whipped forward and grabbed my ear, pulling me closer to her. "You fool. Do you really think you did him any favors? He was injured when you got him! You don't just let an injured ninken do what he wants." She scolded shaking the hand that held my ear captive.

I grabbed her wrist in a warning grip, and she released me. I was not a child, nor was I her son Kiba, there was no reason to treat me as such. I was starting to see why her husband fled.

"What did Kaito do when you first took him home Kakashi?" Hana asked, as she started stitching Kaito up.

"He was introduced to the pack, then found a corner of the house to sleep in." I answered, moving further away from Tsume.

"He goes to the spot each time correct?" Hana continued to question.

I nodded my head when she looked my way.

"The first thing you should have done was to give him a space, something he could put his scent on, The corner for example, probably was the only place in you home that didn't smell like your other ninken. Its his spot now. The second thing you should have done was to put something of yours in that spot, so that your scent would mingle with his, and then set some boundaries for him to follow. Instead you did the opposite, you gave him too much space, that his mind does not know how to interpret the gesture."

"You can't take a ninken or any dog for the matter home and expect them to immediately start seeing you as their Alpha." Tsume jumped in. "This ninken, did not have the privilege to grow up with you. You must take steps in gaining his trust. So far, the only thing you seemed to have gain, is confusing him, and throwing his instinct into shock. He's not a human Kakashi."