Chapter 8

(Y/N P.O.V)
Thankfully, the car ride wasn't as quiet as every other time. Hank had turned on some music, which had caused me to start singing. Hank immediately turned the music off and stuck to talking instead. I'm going to assume my singing was too fabulous for him.

I was surprised when Hank and Connor started talking a bit, it actually made me smile. I can tell Hanks warming up to him even though he acts cold towards him. Slowly but surely they're becoming somewhat friends.

Hank parked beside the dark grey apartment building and stepped out into the rain.

"Will it ever stop raining?" I mumbled as I stepped out of the car.

"Tomorrow it's going to be sunny, the rain will most likely stop tonight," Connor said and I smiled at him.

"I didn't know you could tell the weather too, that would've come in handy a few times"

"Alright, enough chitchat. Let's get outta the rain" Hank walked towards the building with Connor and I trailing behind him.

We headed straight to the elevator, I noticed that the interior was as dull as the exterior. This place really needs to be redecorated or something.

We got onto the elevator and I pressed the button, causing the doors to slide closed and the elevator to start moving.

It was a short ride, moments later the doors opened again and Hank and I stepped out. I turned around and noticed Connor still in the elevator with his eyes closed and a yellow LED.

Hank noticed I stopped walking and turned around to see what I was looking at.

"What's wrong with him now?" I glanced at him and shrugged,

"Connor?" I questioned while walking up to him, he didn't seem to move and I started to get worried.

"Hey, Connor!" Hank yelled causing Connor to open his eyes and his LED to go back to blue.

He raised an eyebrow at Hank and glanced down at me.

"You run outta batteries or what?"

I started walking back to where Hank was, I could feel eyes on me as I did.

"I'm sorry. I was making a report to CyberLife"

Can he just make reports by closing his eyes? I wish I could do that, it would make life a lot easier.

"Oh. Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?"

"No! I'm coming" If he could, I'm sure he would've been rolling his eyes at Hank.

I'm almost positive I heard a bit of sass in his voice but I knew that wasn't possible.

Hank walked away and started down the hallway. I looked around the dirty hallway which was covered in what looked like bird feathers. The floors were black and white checkered tiles, the paint was chipping and the only light source was a nearby window. It looked like this hallway was taken straight out of a horror game.

"This is a weird place to find bird feathers," I said as I bent down to inspect one.

"It's a rock pigeon, very common in Detroit" Connor spoke from right behind me.

I got up and looked at him, he tilted his head to look down at me. He was standing very close to me, and I'm not sure if he noticed how close he was or not.

"Why would pigeon feathers be in a hallway like this, though? It just doesn't make any sense"

"Maybe some just got in?" Hank yelled from the other end of the hallway.