Chapter 20

(Y/N P.O.V)
"-ak up!"

"-/n), please, wake up!"

My eyes shot open as I started coughing up a tiny bit of water. Connors worried brown eyes stared at me as I spit up the water.

"Thank God you're okay" Connor held me in his arms tightly.

"What happened?"

"After we jumped from the ship you passed out due to the freezing water. We found this old church and decided to stay here until we can figure out what to do next" Connor explained as he wrapped a blanket around us.

I looked around at all the androids sitting around in the church, most looked upset. Connor and I were sitting on the floor up near the front of the church.

I heard footsteps walking towards us and I looked up. A young child stood in front of us, a look of concern on her face.

"Are you okay?" She sat down next to us. Before I could answer, another android ran over.

"Alice! I told you to stay near me!" The very familiar looking blonde haired android scolded the child.

"I'm sorry about he— wait.. you're those deviant hunters! The ones who chased us!"

"I'm sorry about that. Don't worry, we're on your side now" I smiled up at her and she relaxed a bit.

"But you're a human. Shouldn't you be going against us?"

"That would be hard to do, considering my boyfriends an android" I gave Connor a kiss on the cheek.

"Aww!" Alice smiled at us.

"Well, I'm Kara and this is Alice. It's nice to meet you.. again." She smiled as she lifted Alice up, "c'mon Alice, let's stop bothering them for a bit"

Seconds later, more footsteps approached. This time, it was Markus.

"Hey, how're you doing?" He crouched down in front of Connor and I.

"I'm As good as I can be, considering the circumstances." I couldn't help but shiver a tiny bit as a breeze went by.

"You're still cold. Here, you can wear my jacket" Markus began to take off his jacket.

"She can wear mine, don't worry" Connor quickly took off his own jacket and helped me put it on. It was too big but very comfy.

"Thanks anyway, Markus" he rolled his eyes with a smirk.

Silence fell between the three of us. I laid my head back against Connors' shoulder and closed my eyes.

"It's my fault the humans managed to locate Jericho," Connor said quietly, just loud enough for Markus and I to hear.

"I was stupid. I should've guessed they were using me"

"Don't be ridiculous, Connor. They would've found it eventually whether we found it or not. You can't go blaming yourself for this" I looked at him as I spoke, he shook his head slightly.

"I'm sorry, Markus. I can understand if you decide not to trust me. (Y/n) was just dragged into this. She's not to blame for any of it"

"You're one of us now. Your place is with your people. (Y/n) is also one of us now, even though she is human. She proved to us that some humans do care, and we also deeply care for her"

Connor stood up so I stood with him. My legs were a bit wobbly from sitting for so long, but I regained balance quick enough. Markus began walking away.

"There are thousands of androids at the CyberLife assembly plant," Markus stopped walking and turned to look back at Connor, "if we could wake them up, they might join us and shift the balance of power."